Part Time Casual Teacher – Aviation Job at NSW Government Newcastle, NSW
- Supportive team environment
- Positively impact the future of your industry
- work-life balence avaliable
TAFE NSW is Australia’s leading provider of vocational education and training. With 171 learning locations, deep industry connections, and a highly recognised and trusted brand, TAFE NSW stands apart from its competitors. At our core remains building a strong economy through a skilled and agile workforce. Helping individuals, businesses, and communities to upskill and reskill is the bedrock of what we do.
TAFE NSW is looking for individuals with current industry experience and knowledge in Aviation to join our team of teachers at multiple campus locations across NSW
This role is available to be based at any of the following campus locations; Ultimo, Padstow, Tamworth, Newcastle, Wollongbar, and Kingscliff (note, not all campus locations deliver all aviation courses, please review course delivery locations)
The role of the TAFE Teacher as a professional educator is to help, construct, guide and enhance the educative process. The teacher delivers educational programs and facilitates learning, enabling students to achieve their desired outcomes.
You are passionate and motivated about sharing your extensive Aviation industry experience. Your knowledge of the Aviation industry is diverse. You have the ambition and drive to succeed and mentor students, passing on your experience and knowledge, and you have demonstrated experience in delivering training in an adult learning environment.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Vocational qualification in one or more of the following:
- Aeroskills (Avionics)
- Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane)
- Aviation (Instrument Rating)
- Aviation Maintenance Management (Avionics)
- Aviation Maintenance Management (Mechanical)
- Aeroskills (Avionics) (Aircraft Maintenance Stream)
- Aeroskills (Avionics) (Component Maintenance Workshop Stream)
- Aeroskills (Mechanical)
- Aeroskills (Mechanical) (Aircraft Maintenance Stream)
- Aeroskills (Mechanical) (Component Maintenance Workshop Stream)
- Aeroskills (Structures)
- Aircraft Surface Finishing
- Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot)
- Certificate III in Aviation (Cabin Crew)
- Certificate III in Aviation (Ground Operations and Service)
- Aircraft Line Maintenance
- Aviation Transport Security Protection (Domestic Airport Screening Officer)
- Minimum 2 years post qualification industry experience
- Comprehensive current knowledge of the industry and strong understanding of current trends
- TAE 40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining professional currency
HOW TO APPLY
For your application to be considered, you must include:
- An updated resume in PDF Format
- Attached copies of qualifications
For more information, please review the and or contact Andrew Trease, Head Teacher Aviation, via email or phone 0415112931
Applications close Sunday 16th October at 11:59pm
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At TAFE NSW, we are committed to creating an inclusive workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
We will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please contact Kelly Yates at
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance. For permanent positions you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. For temporary positions, it is generally acceptable for you to have a current visa that allows you to work in Australia.
About the Company
Company: NSW Government
Company Location: Newcastle, NSW