Painter, Sr Job at Triumph Group in Stuart, FL
Stuart, FL, US, 34996
Business Unit: Aerospace Structures
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
As a Sr painter senior, you work under minimum supervision to safely prepare, paint and detail aircraft components according to schedule using company quality standards and operating procedures.
- Utilize paint shop practice including reading blueprints, color charts, and basic measurements. Apply insignia and lettering, using stencils, templates, or free hand. Work with all finishing material including primer, lacquers, enamels, synthetics, and match colors as required for model work, and rework of painted aircraft in accordance with specifications.
- Spray and brush paint primer and finish coats on aircraft, aircraft assemblies, parts, rotor blades, tools, and equipment. Work to shop orders, specifications, and verbal instruction. May be required to perform interior and exterior finishing, and paint small parts.
- Prepare parts for painting by cleaning and masking. Apply sealing compound, stenciling, and touch up painted surfaces. Apply dope and finish coats to fabric-covered parts and maintain automatic and hand paint-spraying equipment.
- Use all tools, materials, equipment, measuring instruments. Perform work in accordance with oral or written instructions and in conformance with Company standards of safety, workmanship, and good housekeeping practice.
- Records data and prepares reports, charts and graphs.
- Performs incidental related duties as assigned or required.
Performs rework of the same nature and level of difficulty as described.
- High School Diploma or Accredited GED.
- 2+ years of experience in aerospace spray painting and painting prep-work including sanding and masking.
- Ability to work independently with the knowledge and understanding of non-conformance tags, and the ability to perform repair requirements with minimal supervision.
- Physical Requirements: lifting, climbing, grasping, holding, standing, bending, stooping and ability to work over head.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via [email protected] If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please .
About the Company
Company: Triumph Group
Company Location: Stuart, FL