P-Way Team Leader Job at Babcock International – in Belfast
Job Title: P-Way Team Leader
Location: Translink Office, Antrim, Belfast, GB, BT12 6PU
Compensation: £25,808 plus roster premium + excellent overtime rates and benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44012
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Babcock as a P-Way Team Leader to lead and direct on-site manpower carrying out Track Renewals works as directed by the Supervisor. You will be required to ensure all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring compliance with relevant Group and Line standards
Babcock Rail’s team in Northern Ireland is now moving into an exciting period of growth to meet the challenges of delivering several further sizable, complex and high-profile programmes of work, including Belfast Transport Hub and further safety critical projects across Northern Ireland which have led to the creation of an ambitious growth plan. This includes numerous and varied opportunities across the business from Project Management Office (PMO) roles to construction led, engineering, engineering management, installation and safety critical positions.
Who we are looking for?
This role requires a P-Way Team Leader who has previous experience working in a similar role as well as having excellent leadership qualities. You will need to be an effective communicator with good interpersonal skills.
What will you be doing?
As a P-Way Team Leader you will
- Be responsible for the safety, welfare and control of staff as directed by the Supervisor.
- Arrange for materials and equipment to complete the allocated work.
- Implement safe systems of work.
- Liaising on-site with On-Track Machine and Ballast Train staff.
- Ensure all staff have appropriate valid certificates of competency
- Responsible for carrying out assessment of work progress with that planned, agreeing remedial action with Supervisor as necessary.
The experience you’ll bring
- Proven experience in Track Renewals is desirable
- PTS, Lookout, PC, COSS, Machine/Crane Controller, Engineering Supervisor experience is essential. Others as agreed with Supervisor and as specified in the Core Competence Profile.
- We will need you to have successfully completed the Track Chargeman course.
- Able to drive or willing to learn.
- This role requires you to be fully flexible to work days/nights/evenings and weekends as the needs of the business require
- Must be able and willing to undergo pre-employment screening including, but not limited to credit check, personal and employment references, qualification checks and a medical assessment, drugs & alcohol test
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 27th May 2022
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Nuclear Engineering, Project Manager, Engineering, Management, Technology
About the Company
Company: Babcock International –
Company Location: Belfast