Operations Coordinator – YYC Job at Strategic Aviation Services Ltd./Sky Cafe Ltd. – in Calgary, AB
Thursday, April 8, 2021
Come join the exciting world of aviation!! You might say we have our head in the clouds and our feet on the ground. We’re visionaries who saw an opportunity to shake up the airline catering industry, and with some hard work we’ve managed to make that pie-in-the-sky notion a reality. We offer quality fare while keeping costs low which sets us apart.
Job Description – Operations Coordinator
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for 24/7 operational support operating as the main point of contact for the WestJet Operations Control Center (OCC). 24/7 shift work, overnights and holidays.
- Communicate in a timely and accurate fashion operational updates from WestJet OCC to the relevant Sky Café station(s) and also communicate Sky Cafe station specific updates to WestJet OCC as required to allow for accurate forecasting of the operational day
- Identify areas of concern which may impact the ability to meet the performance expectation of a safe, accurate and on-time departure and take appropriate action to minimize operational impact
- Coordinate with WestJet OCC during irregular operations (IROP) and communicate IROP plans to impacted stations confirming the stations ability to react to the changing nature of the operation
- Review and investigate delays compiling as much information as possible for Sky Cafe leaders to assist with further investigation of delays attributed to service call backs
- Subject matter expert that is responsible for tracking all calls and trending not only the reason for the call but also to assist in understanding where the Sky Cafe operational successes and challenges are presented
- Supports and undertakes new projects and other responsibilities as required
- 1-3 years experience in a dispatch role
- Airline experience would be an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Work well under pressure
- Strong administrative skills
- Microsoft office experience at an intermediate level
- Excellent hourly rate and benefits
- Ability to work efficiently under demanding time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills and proactive problem solver
- Above average organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Confident, consistent, decisive personality
Thank you for your application with Sky Cafe Ltd. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer who agrees not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, or age.
Pay Type Hourly
About the Company
Company: Strategic Aviation Services Ltd./Sky Cafe Ltd. –
Company Location: Calgary, AB