Online Chair (Aviation) Job at Liberty University – 3.8 in Lynchburg, VA
Liberty University was founded in 1971 as a university committed to a Christian Worldview and ‘training champions for Christ.’ Candidates must demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, be actively engaged in a Christian congregation and able to identify with and affirm the Liberty University shared Statement of Faith. Liberty University Online School of Aeronautics is seeking an exceptional person to fill the role of Online Chair (Aviation) for online programs. This position requires residence in the Lynchburg, Virginia area. Become a member of our dynamic team as we prepare students to successfully lead with integrity. The Online Chair (Aviation) is an important team member with broad administrative oversight of flight training operations, online faculty, students, curriculum, and policy. Duties include handling difficult situations, student appeals, FAA Part 141 curriculum assessment and instruction of online classes and to remain personally involved in area of discipline.
The Online Chair is in the School of Aeronautics Online and reports to the Online Dean of the School of Aeronautics Online. The Online Chair will oversee the FAA Part 141 Flight program. The Online Chair will maintain CFI/ATP flight credentials and comply with FAA request.
- Manages the FAA Part 141 Flight program, coordinate activities to remain in compliance with all FAA regulations, Veteran enrollment and financial compliances
- Manages department/division human, material, and non‐personnel financial resources
- Seeks collaborative opportunities for the academic unit
- Supervises the establishment of unit goals and demonstrates commitment to improvement
- Leads and supports faculty and staff, including encouraging professional development
- Works with unit to develop and maintain unit standards of performance
- Promotes respectful and ethical climate at all levels of the University
- Ability to work in a diverse population of staff, faculty, constituents, and students.
Required to travel
Frequently required to sit for extended periods to perform deskwork or type on a keyboard.
Regularly required to hear and speak effectively to communicate orally.
Occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb stairs to move about the building.
Handle materials, reach overhead, kneel or stoop to conduct business.
Regularly lift 10 or fewer pounds.
- A master’s degree in Aviation from a regionally accredited body through Commission on Colleges.
- Current Certified Flight Instructor or ATP with collegiate flight training experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as a flight school manager, FAA Part 141 Chief Instructor, or equivalent.
- Ability to evaluate student skills at appropriate training level.
- Aircraft piloting skills, including familiarity with and ability to perform required flight maneuvers and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply effective instructional technique in the classroom and in flight.
- Knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirements (FAA, VA, SACS, Department of Education).
Extensive collegiate flight training experience in a leadership role
40 hours a week
Required to Travel
Posting Date 01/14/2022
About the Company
Company: Liberty University – 3.8
Company Location: Lynchburg, VA