Network Planner Job at Cargojet Airways Ltd – in Hamilton, ON
Primary Objective of the Position:
Under the general direction of the Manager, Scheduling & Network Planning, the successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of network forecasting and planning. This includes ensuring assets and resources are properly planned and communicated to accommodate our core customers while identifying opportunities for additional revenue.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build Forecast flows for all Networks.
- Provide reports and analyses through tools, portals, and databases to allow full visibility of both the Network plan and our execution against it.
- Prepare and transmit files and reports in appropriate formats to various internal and external recipients.
- Ongoing analysis of existing routes: use internal and external data sources to evaluate route performance, conduct drill-down analysis to optimize aircraft deployment, flight frequencies and timings to improve performance.
- Develop a short-term network plan for the current and upcoming schedule seasons.
- Management of the airline’s slot portfolio: coordinate with airport slot coordinators and Aviation Authorities to improve and acquire new and existing slots.
- Maintain and update reference tables in flight scheduling software.
- Identify and assist in the implementation of improved business processes and procedures.
- Participate in the design and implementation of strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing requirements.
- Ensure network plan has sufficient capacity, stability and agility to satisfy service level agreements.
- Identify and communicate opportunities to use existing lanes/assets for additional revenue.
- Monitor aircraft utilization and locate opportunities to reduce block hours.
- Communicate with customers to understand Holiday and Peak planning needs, use information to plan the most efficient network possible while fulfilling customer requirements.
- Prepare and communicate weekly reports for Senior Management as required, including network concerns and opportunities.
- Preferred degree in a relevant field of study (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Business Administration, Science & Engineering).
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills are essential for this position.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to coordinate with internal and external customers in a professional manor and maintain consistent communication.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Previous knowledge of aviation commercial operations an asset.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proficiency in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and related software.
Important to Know:
- Cargojet is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- As a federally regulated workplace, Transport Canada mandates all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition for providing active duties effective Oct 30, 2021.
- We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- At Cargojet, we make safety the highest priority. Because of this priority and as we operate in a safety-sensitive environment, we require all employees to abstain from consuming Cannabis, in and outside of the workplace. This is a critical element of our drug and alcohol policy that all employees must comply with at all times.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Aviation Commercial Operations: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-05-16
About the Company
Company: Cargojet Airways Ltd –
Company Location: Hamilton, ON