MQ-9 Test Pilot – TPS Graduate Job at Palmdale, CA in Palmdale, CA
SDI is seeking a MQ-9 LRE & MCE Qualified Instructor Pilot (IP) and graduate of the US Air Force Test Pilot School program to provide UAS Aircrew Support Services. These positions will be in Gray Butte, CA. Pilots will be responsible for coordination of customer flight test support requirements and aircraft operation to ensure flight safety and success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Test Planning and Execution
- Review test plans, test cards, and other documentation for ground and flight test events and supporting Flight Test Engineer in execution of test projects
- Apply extensive knowledge and experience of flight test operations to provide test planning, training and evaluation, pre-flight planning, flight briefings, post-flight briefings, and post-flight test analysis and reports.
- Attend and participate in Test Plan Working Groups (TPWGs), Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), Test Kickoff Meetings, Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs), Safety Review Boards (SRBs), and Technical Review Boards (TRBs).
- Conduct test and evaluate capabilities of new equipment and propriety of new procedures in accordance with established test cards, published flight manuals, checklists, technical orders, instructions and other approved manuals as provided by the manufacturer.
- Conduct approval flight tests of new or substantially modified aircraft, including the assessment of handling characteristics, performance, and systems functionality.
- Support program and PMs with test advice as it pertains to aircrew, recommended priorities, resource planning and constraints, and inputs into deficiency identification and correction
- Coordinate customer flight support requirements and develop valid mission plans to include map analysis for mission route selection including terrain evaluation; communications planning; compliance with customer, FAA, ICAO, and host nation regulations; developing and filing flight plans; weather evaluation; fuel requirements, mission risk assessment; crew assignments; pre-flight briefing and safety of flight evaluation
- Perform pre-flight and in-flight mission planning activities in accordance with unified combatant command and theater rules of engagement. Must understand tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) for friendly and enemy Air Order Battle (AOB) assets.
- Conduct all phases of safe ground and flight operations, including pre-flight, ground checks, launch, normal flight, emergency flight, recovery, and post-flight.
- Participate in post-flight debriefing to determine mission accomplishments and potential procedural development.
- Submit T.O. change requests and Deficiency Reports (DR) identified during ground and flight test operations.
- Receive, interpret, extract, and disseminate relevant ATO, Airspace Control Order (ACO) and SPINs information.
Certification and Currency:
- Obtain and maintain professional certifications required to pilot/operate aircraft to include appropriate difference training and qualification on new aircraft
- Accurately track and accomplish currency requirements, annual evaluations/training events, go/no-go Flight Crew Information File items, and safety briefings.
- Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Maintain ties with commercial aviation organizations to contribute to job performance
- Pursue continuing education for growth in advance flight ratings and technology trends
- Conduct initial, qualification, upgrade and continuation training for mission crew members.
- Perform staff assistance visits to subordinate units, training, planning, standardization and evaluation, and other staff duty functions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Must have active TS/SCI security clearance
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics; or Master’s Degree in any engineering field; or BS Degree in a physical science – receiving a minimum GPA of 3.0
Current and qualified MQ-9 Instructor Pilot requirements as follows:
- Pilot I: MCE
- Pilot II: MCE + LRE
- Pilot III: MCE + LRE + INST/MAQ
- Pilot IV: MCE + LRE + INST + SEFE/MAQ
- Pilot IV: MCE + LRE + INST + SEFE + MAQ
Required to have commercial pilot certificate, current instrument rating, and current FAA medical certificate.
Must possess/obtain FAA Class II Medical Certificate
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products
Travel may be required to other sites to support the contract effort.
System Dynamics International, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access SDI’s careers page as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 256-895-9000. Thanks for your interest in System Dynamics International, Inc.
About the Company
Company: Palmdale, CA
Company Location: Palmdale, CA