Mechanical Repair Technician I (Wheels & Brakes) Job at Raytheon Technologies in Fort Worth, TX
Date Posted: 2020-10-30-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HTX17: Landing Gear – Fort Worth 2901 Northern Cross Blvd, Fort Worth, TX, 76137 USA
The Mechanical Repair Technician is responsible for performing technical/mechanical/inspection functions pertaining to the aircraft wheel and brake component overhaul process.
- Conducts receiving inspection of in-coming assemblies/components in accordance with established procedures and technical data.
- Performs disassembly, wash, blast, paint, build-up, pressure test, receiving inspection and final inspection and assembly of aircraft components according to customer’s specifications, airworthiness directives, applicable manufacturers’ CMM guidelines and operating procedures.
- Manual handling and maneuvering (rolling, lifting) of large aircraft wheels and brakes.
- Maintains proper segregation and identification of components in progress.
- Maintains current knowledge of and complies with customer/Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)/Joint Aviation Administration (JAA) technical data as applicable to the work assigned.
- Performs painting functions including mixing of primer/paint as well as the application of primer/paint.
- Performs general shop and equipment maintenance; practices the principles of the Five S’s by creating and maintaining a neat, orderly work area.
- Identifies ways to remove non-value added steps from all processes and strives to produce products in the least-waste-way.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to continuous process improvement and practices.
- Actively participates and supports process improvement events.
- Looks for ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace.
- Provides limited training to other Component Technicians, where qualified.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds. (Employees will utilize a lift assist or buddy system if greater than 35 pounds.)
- Manufacturing/Production experience
- Ability to attain required operating certifications.
- Use of basic hand tools including measuring instruments.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to articulate and understand verbal and written instructions.
- Understanding of component maintenance manuals and all other applicable technical documents.
- High School Diploma or AA/AS degree or other 2-year post high school training with less than 2 years of relevant experience
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
- Works in a repair and overhaul shop environment.
- Continuous standing and walking.
- The employee will be exposed to hazardous waste and will comply with all Regulatory, State, Local and Corporate requirements for handling hazardous waste.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Experience in Aerospace/Aviation Repair & Overhaul environment
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick – Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this to read the Policy and Terms
About the Company
Company: Raytheon Technologies
Company Location: Fort Worth, TX