Mechanical Engineer – Flight Simulators (Fulltime – 38 hours p/w) Job at AMST-Aviation B.V. – in Nieuw-Vennep
AMST-Aviation B.V., part of the AMST Group, is a growing, young and dynamic company with a global reach. The office is located in Nieuw-Vennep, the Netherlands, only 20 minutes drive from Amsterdam. Our employees design, develop and assemble state of the art, reliable flight simulation products, including Full Flight Simulators (e.g. Airbus A320, Boeing B737).
With a flat organizational structure and a team of 30 highly motivated employees, we foster an environment that encourages the team’s engagement in the decision-making process. We value personal growth and provide training to ensure that our employees are familiar with the latest technologies and methods used in the industry.
To expand our activities in the engineering department, we are looking for a fulltime: Mechanical Engineer – Flight Simulators
About the Job
As a Mechanical Engineer you play an important role in designing the components of our Full Flight simulators, which are qualified to the highest level of fidelity (Level D standard) by the different Civil aviation authorities in the world. In the design process, manufacturability, costs, and timeline are taken into account. In this independent position you work closely with the electrical engineering and assembly teams in the Netherlands, as well as with the mechanical engineering team in Austria.
- Concept development and realization, using CAD tools (sketches, 3D models, drawings)
- Design of parts and assemblies within the scheduled time and budget
- Preparation of draft designs, detailed designs, and production drawings
- Calculations of standard components
- Selection of the materials and supporting the procurement department by managing and maintaining a component supplier list
- Coordination of technical details with suppliers and the definition of the delivery conditions
- Lead/support quality assurance, acceptances, assembly, and testing activities
- Monitoring the new technologies in the market
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Fluent in English (verbal & written)
- At least 3 years of experience in engineering at a special purpose machine manufacturer
- Experience in 3D design (Creo in the current version is a plus)
- Strong communicative skills with the ability to clearly convey your ideas and thoughts
- Willing to regularly travel for business and to work flexible hours if needed
- Good understand of the basics of structural mechanics and engineering calculations
- An interesting opportunity within a motivated team in an international high-tech environment.
- An open cooperative working environment that offers a good work-life balance and a path for personal development
- Good working conditions including a 38-hour work week with flexible start and finish times, commuting allowance, a pension scheme, and a competitive salary.
Please send your application to Human Resources, Ms. M. van den Berg. For questions related to the opening, you can reach us at +31 (0)85 0161 903.
Agency calls in response to this vacancy are not appreciated.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: AMST-Aviation B.V. –
Company Location: Nieuw-Vennep