Mechanic/Technician Job at Global Aviation Services in Arlington, VA
Performs preventative maintenance and repair on heavy equipment similar to tractor trailers or implements such as agriculture equipment, construction equipment, etc within standardized maintenance times. Responsible for ensuring equipment is fully operational in support of daily customer operations.
- Performs scheduled maintenance including changing oil, filters, checking lights, tires & greasing, replace or repair light components and perform operations check
- Replaces worn or broken parts, aligns wheels, adjusts bakes, tightens bearings.
- Troubleshoots equipment or components to diagnoses concerns
- Make repairs and replace major parts or systems on equipment including: engines, transmissions, electrical, brakes, tires/wheels, Cooling/HVAC, and Hydraulics.
- Help estimate time and material costs on repairs
- Develops or obtains requisitions for new parts and equipment.
- Records paper and electronic records in connection with maintenance performed
Will work under a Tech Level III and/or Lead Mechanic
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Pass background and drug test
- Valid driver’s license and pass and Motor Vehicle Record check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Work in a garage or outside on shop grounds or elsewhere on the airfield
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and additional shifts as assigned
- Must have minimum tools to perform the maintenance and repair work
- Be able to lift up to 70 lbs., frequently stand, stoop, kneel, crawl, walk, use of fine manipulation skills.
Global Aviation Services
About the Company
Company: Global Aviation Services
Company Location: Arlington, VA