Mechanic Shop Manager- DTW Airport Job at PrimeFlight Aviation Services Romulus, MI
Monday- Friday 7:00AM-6:00PM
The GSE Manager assists the day to day activities of the operation and must be able to assume the responsibility of their shift. The specific duties vary by location, at the direction of the Station Management. They may include having primary responsibility for the following:
- Ensuring each position is covered and all requirements of the contract are met
- Maintaining accurate timekeeping for payroll purposes
- Assisting with tip reporting, call out logs, records, passenger logs, electronic passenger assist by staff on shift or any required forms
- Ensuring all incoming staff members have on-the-job training
- Communicating with airlines and other customers to provide exceptional customer service
- Ensure staff is meeting safety standards
- Counseling, Coaching and Participating in Disciplining Employees
- Demonstrate regular, predictable attendance at job location
- Exceed PrimeFlight customer service and safety standards
- Carry out other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Customer Service, Interpersonal, Written and Oral Communication and Multi-Tasking.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 18 years of age
- Reliable transportation
- Eligible to work in the United States
Associate’s degree. High school diploma or equivalent may be substituted with two years relevant experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Knowledge of Outlook and Word. Ability sufficient to organize schedules and perform other tasks related to payroll and operations.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
This job may require supervision of accounts, supervisors or work crews at the direction of the Station Management.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. Employee must be willing to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Some work is in an outside environment, with exposure to hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 70 pounds or more.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
About the Company
Company: PrimeFlight Aviation Services
Company Location: Romulus, MI