Manager roles within Services Engine Teams Job at Rolls-Royce Derby
Manager roles within Services Engine Teams
Civil Services plays a critical and exciting role in the Rolls-Royce business globally; our mission is simple: to keep our customers’ engines flying.
A successful Services business enables us to grow and invest in order to continue to provide high-quality products and cutting-edge services to our customers. We are on a journey to build an efficient, effective, and scalable Services business that will unlock the full value of opportunity in the Aviation Services market.
We know our people are at the heart of what we do, and we want to bring together the best expertise and capability from different backgrounds and experiences to complement our team. We have a range of opportunities available within our diverse and dynamic Engine Teams, where we drive and manage the Business plan and financial performance as well as setting our Product strategies which includes safety, reliability and maintenance policies.
The Engine Teams plays a pivotal role in ensuring Rolls-Royce can deliver a product and services that our customers want and need whilst supporting the future growth and success of Rolls-Royce.
Join us and we’ll provide an environment where you can be yourself. An inclusive, digital-first culture that invests in you, gives you a platform for continuous learning, and access to an incredible breadth and depth of opportunities to grow your career.
We are recruiting different roles such as: Fleet Business Managers, Service Delivery Managers, Service Cost Managers and Product Customer Managers.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary, and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are. We encourage flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working wherever possible, so you can always be at your best – wherever and whenever you work.
What you will be doing:
Across all of these roles, you will play a key role within our integrated, cross-functional team. Our Engine teams have a critical and wide accountability within our Civil Aerospace business, and routinely collaborate with colleagues from all around the world. Key activities include:
- Interfacing directly with our Airframe customers, working collaboratively to share challenges and progress solutions;
- Responsibility for planning and forecasting activities, and through this lead and own our operational and financial forecasts;
- Develop, own and communicate the strategic shape of our engine fleets;
- Develop a thorough understanding of the levers of value inherent in our business, and through these own and drive the financial performance of our fleets; and
- Develop, deploy, and support functional processes, tools, training, and systems that enable the creation of credible plans that balance availability, cost, and performance.
Who we’re looking for:
At Rolls-Royce we embrace agility, are bold, pursue collaboration and seek simplicity in everything we do. These principles form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a numerate or business discipline or will have business, engineering, supply chain or logistics experience
- Innovative thinking and a drive to solve problems and take accountability
- Data analysis, financial management and decision-making skills, comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively across diverse and global teams
- Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Access preferred) with working knowledge of SAP Planning modules
- Aerospace industry knowledge and experiences of planning is advantageous but not essential
Join us & Power Our Future
Pioneers of power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We welcome applications from people with a refugee background.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy at
Closing Date: 6th October 2022
21 Sep 2022; 00:09
About the Company
Company Location: Derby