Manager Airport Affairs Job at Airport Management Council of Ontario – in North Bay, ON
To oversee the interests of those who own and operate airports and aerodromes throughout Ontario, as well as businesses and associates that assist in operations, supporting each of them respectively and representing them as a unified voice. ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES Manager of Airport Affairs performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following: Airport Industry Affairs
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of airport related issues that affect the membership
- Act as a spokesperson for Ontario’s Airports
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the organization and jointly with the Board when appropriate
- Represent the organization at association, member, and industry activities to enhance the organization’s profile in the industry
- Research and remain up to date on Airport Regulations and items that may affect the airport members
Administration of Member Programs
- Respond to airport member inquiries and administer the Airport Is Asking program
- Plan, execute and attend the association’s Working Groups and Committees
- Plan, execute and attend the airport members’ Regional Meetings
- Source articles and create the bimonthly online magazine (Ezine)
- Provide insight and ideas for timely event speaker sessions/topics
- Participate in membership drives, recruitment campaigns, and promote membership and its benefits
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the industry/community served by the organization
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with industry groups, members, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization
- Monitor industry leaders (key associations) as outlined by the Strategic Plan
- Research important topics within the industry, and create reports on their possible impacts or benefits
- University degree or college diploma in a related field and/or 5 years aviation industry experience
- Courses in aviation management are considered a strong asset
- CM/AAE/AAP is considered an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Word processing
- French (considered an asset)
- Professional manner
- Comfortable speaking in group settings
Manager of Airport Affairs should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Airport knowledge and interest is essential
- Association and/or advocacy experience is considered an asset
- Manager of Airport Affairs often work in an office environment whether in office or from a remote location but the advocacy efforts may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces.
- Manager of Airport Affairs usually work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings or weekends while travelling.
Application deadline: 2021-12-22
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $45,000.00 per year
Vaccination is mandatory in order to attend events and meetings.
About the Company
Company: Airport Management Council of Ontario –
Company Location: North Bay, ON