Maintenance Quality Specialist Job at Airbus Group Australia Pacific – in Brisbane QLD
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. With a workforce of 130,000 Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners around. Airbus Australia Pacific (AAP) is the region’s largest helicopter business, employing more than 1500 people across 17 locations in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
About the role
We are currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Quality Specialist to join our diverse and inclusive team based in Brisbane on permanent full time basis. Reporting to the Manager Maintenance and Logistics Quality, this is primarily a governance role which ensures compliance and conformance with applicable requirements and supports the Maintenance Function activities to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
In this role, you will work closely together with the Maintenance Team to review and improve processes and systems to ensure full compliance with relevant Quality and regulatory requirements. You will be required to review maintenance suppliers to assure supplier product and service quality including contractual, regulatory and technical compliance. You will also support the supplier quality processes, maintenance of the Approved Suppliers List and review supplier performance.
The knowledge, skills and experience best suited to this role would include:
- Strong Quality Management experience in an aviation and/or Defence environment
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Defence and/or Civil Aviation Regulations in Australia and/or NZ, particularly the Part 145 and Part M requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Lead Auditor, managing audits (including supplier audits) and investigations in a regulatory environment
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality and customer satisfaction
- A high degree of personal and professional integrity
- Knowledge of quality systems, processes, tools, competencies and best practices, including behavioural drivers of non-conformance, as they relate to the Maintenance function
- Understanding of quality drivers and how to drive quality improvement
- Experience in root cause analysis, lean and/or contemporary business improvement concepts
We seek to inspire our people to grow, so you have the right mindset, behaviours and skills to thrive and achieve the organisation goals whilst being focussed on your personal development through classroom and online learning.
We value the health and wellbeing of our employees and offer true flexibility including an option for working from home that allows you to balance your career with what is important to you outside of work. We will celebrate your successes and achievements with a formal reward and recognition program.
Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date: Monday 19th April
You must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
About the Company
Company: Airbus Group Australia Pacific –
Company Location: Brisbane QLD