Maintenance Planner (Light & Base) Job at ASL Aviation Holdings Dublin Airport
ASL Aviation Holdings is a global aviation services company with airlines based in Europe, South Africa and Asia. ASL is a world leader in ACMI airline operations serving major cargo and passenger airlines.Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, close to Dublin Airport, the ASL Aviation Holdings Group includes four wholly owned European airlines; ASL Airlines Ireland, ASL Airlines Belgium, ASL Airlines France and ASL Airlines United Kingdom. The Group also includes associate and joint venture airlines FlySafair in South Africa and K-Mile Asia in Thailand. Additionally, the Group includes maintenance facilities and several leasing entities. ASL’s airlines operate cargo networks on behalf of major international customers, specialising in the express freight, online commerce, and postal sectors. The Group’s global operations serve over 65 countries and includes passenger and cargo operations under ASL’s own brands.The Global ASL fleet of 130 aircraft includes 17 aircraft types from the Boeing 747-400F to the ATR72-200F. ASLI Airlines Ireland recently became the first operator, on behalf of FedEx, of the new ATR 72-600F, ATR’s first production-built freighter.ASL Group confirmed 20 slots with Boeing for 737-800 Boeing Converted Freighters (BCF) aircraft. To date 11 aircraft have entered service with ASL airlines in Europe and Thailand and the next two aircraft are in conversion and will be re-delivered to ASL in Q1 2022. The BCF programme will continue throughout 2022. In 2021, despite the global disruption caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, ASL’s airlines continued to operate with an average dispatch reliability of 98.04%. The airlines operated 93,181 flights totalling 177,474 flight hours, carrying 991,141 tonnes of freight and 3,900,000 passengers. While some of the group airlines were founded more than 40 and 50 years ago, ASL Aviation Holdings story essentially began in 1998. Annual revenue now exceeds €1.1bn EUR. Globally, ASL has a team of 3.000 people of 51 different nationalities. The Group’s vision is to be the aviation service provider of choice through excellence, experience, and expertise.ASL Aviation Holdings is mindful that aviation, while fundamental, must also be environmentally sustainable. The ASL Group is committed to promoting and acting in the best interest of our staff, customers, environment, and planet through our ESG policy. ASL has committed to Destination 2050, the industry-led programme to achieve net-zero emissions in aviation by 2050 and is working to meet the requirements of the European Commissions ‘Fit for 55’ proposals. ASL Aviation Holdings also formally endorsed the ‘Toulouse Declaration’, further committing the aviation industry to meeting carbon emissions reduction targets by 2030 and to reaching net-zero emissions by 2050.ASL strengthened its commitment to being a first mover in introducing new emissions reduction technology into our current fleet by partnering with leading innovators in hydrogen-electric emission powertrains, Universal Hydrogen and ZeroAvia.
- To ensure that all base maintenance (scheduled, unscheduled and defects), as defined in the department procedures, is carried out in accordance with the approved Aircraft Maintenance Schedule of the entire ASLB fleet.
- To prepare, in close cooperation with the Engineering services providers and MRO’s, executable packages to obtain for a best economical result and minimum required grounding time.
- To optimize the scope of each base maintenance checks, and optimize between use of minimum downtimes, use of resources and the commercial demands.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Your responsibility will be to prepare and issue the Bill of Work on time, considering maintenance standards (MH, repair times…) and taking into account that the work pack is executable and fits the pre-defined Turn-Around-time. Therefore, you will be using our state-of-the-art system AMOS.
- To plan short- and long-term Base Maintenance events you will be closely working with our MROs as well as internal parties such as Operations Control Centre, Line Maintenance Control and Network Planning.
- With the customers in mind, your goal is to optimize maintenance checks on ground time so that the aircraft availability is maximized.
- You also ensure that your executed workpacks are performed and properly processed in AMOS. Quality checks on the Dirty Fingerprints are done to keep our safety and quality level high.
- Furthermore, as a key player between different departments, you ensure that your aircraft is tail allocated to the correct maintenance stations, maintenance slots are properly communicated to all stakeholders as well as that material and components are available on time.
- To contribute to all special projects that has been assigned.
- To co-ordinate internal projects such as but not limited to:
- Prepare AMP tasks and letter checks Escalation and Variations. Afterwards, to monitor such variations in order to ensure rectification is performed before the established limit.
- Monitor ordering and provisioning of modification kits necessary for base maintenance checks.
- Prepare bridging checks content for aircraft phase in and/or out
- To develop and maintain a relationship and communicate with other departments and subcontractors in order to ensure effective and efficient co-operation aiming to improve overall company performance.
- To report timely, accurate and concise maintenance / modification planning highlights to all stakeholders internally and externally to make sure they all have the relevant information to achieve their objectives.
- To participate in Base Maintenance Kickoff meetings, and to liaise with the on-site Tech Rep during base maintenance input.
- To coordinate with Commercial/Network Planning dept, Maintenance Control and contracted maintenance organization to assure smooth aircraft positioning prior to and after the scheduled base maintenance inputs.
- Bachelor in aviation, mechanic or ground engineer with base maintenance background or similar by experience.
- Experience with the specific aircraft type(s) is an asset.
- Experience with AMOS is an asset.
- Experience in planning and organization of aircraft maintenance is an asset.
- Three years experience in an aviation maintenance or CAMO environment.
- Computer literate, MS Office with good administration skills.
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken).
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and analytical skills.
- Team-player, good communication skills with all levels in the organization and suppliers/MRO’s.
- Ability to function successfully in a pressure environment.
- Work in an organized way to be able to meet set deadlines.
- Negotiation and convincing skills.
- Permanent contract
- Full time job – Office hours but by exception high demand for flexibility to work during weekend, bank holiday or at night when this is required to deliver the on-time delivery of aircraft work packs.
- Available to travel abroad from time to time.
Thank you for your interest in ASL.
Once you submit your CV and cover letter for us, the system automatically sends you a ‘Registration Confirmation’ email which contains a link to activate your account and to choose your password.
We kindly ask you to please check your spam folder as the emails might be ending up there. You may look for the following title(s) and E-mail address.
Title(s): Registration Confirmation / Application Confirmation
E-mail address: [email protected]
ASL HR Team
About the Company
Company: ASL Aviation Holdings
Company Location: Dublin Airport