Line Maintenance Manager, Engineering – QLD Job at Jetstar Brisbane, QLD
- Perfect time to join us as we expand our Engineering Team to ensure that we are equipped to meet growing demand and make the most of future opportunities
- Enjoy the flexibility of a 4 on/4 off shift roster – based at Brisbane Airport
- Immediate access to a range of employee benefits, including our staff travel program
Join the Jetstar team at a pivotal moment in our history as we embark on a new era of low fares travel. As we emerge from the pandemic, the outlook for our domestic and international flying is very strong and our teams are excited to welcome our new A321LR Neo’s as we continue on our mission to offer all day, every day low fares so more people can fly to more places, more often.
About our Engineering Team
The Jetstar Engineering Team are at the forefront of delivering our superior safety standards. They are responsible for ensuring the airworthiness of our fleet of aircraft, including completing all required maintenance that must be carried out on time and to approved standards to ensure they take to the skies safely. At every stage, all maintenance needs to be documented, detailed records maintained, with aircraft parts ordered and available at all times.
As part of our investment in our future, we have launched the Melbourne Engineering Precinct, which is the main maintenance hub of our network. Our team has the opportunity to work not only on Jetstar fleet, but customer aircraft – A320/21, B717 and A321 Freighter.
We now have an opportunity to join our Engineering AMO Leadership Team in the role of Line Maintenance Manager – QLD. Located at Brisbane Airport and reporting to our State Manager – QLD, you will play a critical role in delivery management to the daily operations of Jetstar’s QLD Engineering Line Stations in Brisbane, Carins and Coolangatta. You will lead a team of four Shift Supervisors and a team of dedicated engineers, providing coaching, mentoring whilst ensuring the ongoing safety and compliance of people and operations.
As Line Maintenance Manager – QLD, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing critical support to the State Manager – QLD for the ongoing safety and compliance of the AMO people and operations in accordance with the AMO exposition
- Fostering a superior safety culture, including consultation with the team on safety matters, adherence to safe work practises including Fatigue Management Principles, safety inductions, leading investigations and implementation of post incident/hazard identification action plans
- Creating and maintaining a quality focused culture, including ensuring team member compliance with JQ MOE and CASA Regulatory requirements, ensuring that all aircraft technical documentation is completed and distributed in accordance with policy and procedures, and carrying out ongoing quality monitoring of documentation and procedures.
- Daily operational management, including managing aircraft schedule disruptions and recovery in consultation with MOC, management of daily unscheduled and planned maintenance, liaison with a variety of stakeholders such as maintenance planning, and participation in daily operation meetings
- Managing shift rostering requirements including roster build, overtime management, fatigue management within roster build, ad-hoc call outs, inclusion of relevant allowances, correction and submission of shift timesheets.
- Delivering strong leadership to a team of direct reports, with an emphasis on growth and development and team member engagement.
- Previous experience and passion for leading, coaching and mentoring a team of direct reports, ideally within the aviation industry
- A desire for continuous improvement and are passionate about aviation
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing, operational environment
- Comfortable working on a rotating roster, currently 4 on/4 off day shift roster
- Flexibility to travel, primarily too Coolangatta and Cairns from time to time
- Strength in problem solving and decision making, including the ability to consider the customer, cost, people and industrial impacts when proposing solutions
- Comprehensive knowledge of the CASA regulatory framework (preferred)
Applications Close: Friday 7 October
What’s in it for you
- Our team members enjoy access to unlimited heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines
- Access to a range of salary packaging and leave benefits
- As a member of the Qantas Group, you will have the opportunity to build a career across multiple functions, locations and airlines
- Structured programs and resources to support your health and wellbeing and development
- Talk to us about how we can make this role work flexibly for you such that you can achieve your potential
The Jetstar Group is one of the largest low-cost airline groups in the Asia Pacific by revenue and has flown more than 300 million passengers since it launched in 2004. Collectively the Jetstar Group offers more than 5,000 (pre-COVID) flights a week to 58 destinations in 18 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region. The Group operates a fleet of more than 90 aircraft, including Airbus A320-200, Airbus A321 and Boeing 787-8.
Jetstar’s mission is to offer all day, every day low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often.
Inclusion and Diversity
Jetstar is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application
Please note: Under the Qantas Group COVID-19 Vaccination Policy all Australia-based new employees of a Qantas Group entity must be fully vaccinated with an Approved COVID-19 Vaccine and provide Evidence of Vaccination by uploading your Digital Vaccination Certificate to Workday.
About the Company
Company Location: Brisbane, QLD