Lead, A&P Technician Job at Bombardier – 3.8 in Hartford, CT
At Bombardier Aviation, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford Service Center offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Argentina, Brazil, Aruba, Guernsey and Mexico. The facility has received 21 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
Bombardier has an exciting opportunity available for a Lead, A&P Technician based in Hartford, CT.
In your role, you will:
- In a working capacity and in conjunction with the supervisor, oversee daily activities for an assigned functional area of Bombardier Business Aircraft Services
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Comply with Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in 5-S activities.
- Perform all work in a safe and timely manner
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Assist with maintenance at off-site locations as needed
- Assist other maintenance disciplines as needed
- Assist with fuel and/or de-fuel of aircraft as needed
- Assist with engine removal / installation as needed
- Assist with aircraft component repair as needed
- Perform complex repairs on aircraft systems
- Assist in creation of service orders with SAP or applicable operating systems
- May assist in complete engine and / or APU runs as required
- Provide time estimates
- Train, coach and support other employees
- May perform Delegated Inspector (DI) function as qualified by QA
As our ideal candidate,
- You have an A&P certificate
- You typically have a minimum of 5 years of aircraft maintenance work experience or substantiated equivalent experience OR you have a minimum of 3 years aircraft maintenance experience or substantiated equivalent experience in functional area with a minimum of 2 years leadership / supervisory experience (Aircraft Maintenance preferred)
- You typically have a minimum of 1 year corporate aircraft experience
- You have a minimum of 1 year Bombardier aircraft model experience – preferred
- You are Engine Run & Taxi qualified on Bombardier Aircraft or Delegated Inspector eligible
- You have demonstrated leadership ability
- You have demonstrated planning / organization skills
- You are familiar with all systems installations of Bombardier aircraft model
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job: Airframe & Powerplant Technicians
Primary Location: US-CT-Hartford
Zip Code: US 06096
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 06.04.2021, 8:31:52 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About the Company
Company: Bombardier – 3.8
Company Location: Hartford, CT