Lead Aircraft Mechanic Job at Houston Aviation Center – in Sugar Land, TX
The Lead Mechanic ensures work assignments are being performed efficiently and within designated time allowances, assists and contributes to the performance and compliance of the service department, while performing the duties of a certified FAA AP/IA Mechanic. Guides the work of other aircraft mechanics by planning, prioritizing, assigning work schedules, providing quality control and on-the-job training, through collaboration with the scheduling department and the facility owner. Exhibits and promotes understanding of the requirements and expectations necessary to operate as a factory service center, in order to properly service and maintain warranty aircraft. Reports directly to the facility owner.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic and IA Certificate in good standing.
- Minimum of (5) years of recentairframe and power plant employment history with various manufacturers of single and twin piston, turbo-prop and light turbine aircraft. Cirrus experience preferred, as the facility is a Cirrus Factory Service Center.
- Minimum of (2) years in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Professional, friendly demeanor, possesses strong teamwork skills, communicates well with customers, management and staff.
- Ability to read and utilize maintenance manuals, parts catalogs, schematics, SBs and ADs in order to troubleshoot effectively and perform work assignments efficiently and within estimated/budgeted time.
- General computer skills.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Able and willing to work in the elements.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and participate in company drug and alcohol screening program.
- Must have personal set of tools specific to the trade.
- Successful completion of company paid Cirrus Aircraft internet-based maintenance course at onset of employment (to be conducted on site).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our facility provides scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repairs as an authorized Cirrus Aircraft Service Center, as well as services for Beechcraft, Cessna, Icon, Mooney and Piper single and twin piston, turbo prop and light turbine aircraft, including pre-purchase evaluations, phase and annual inspections.
No mandatory weekends or shift work!
Voluntary overtime occasionally available
Additional company paid training may be offered
Yearly bonuses possible
Extensive benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life and AD&D coverage (Company paid/contributed. Waiting period applies)
Hourly compensation is dependent upon experience level.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $26.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
To protect staff and visitors from Covid-19, we are following CDC guidelines for social distancing. Masks are recommended when six feet of separation is not possible.
- piston aircraft airframe and powerplant: 5 years (Preferred)
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant and IA Mechanic’s Certificate (Required)
About the Company
Company: Houston Aviation Center –
Company Location: Sugar Land, TX