Intermediate Bridge Engineer Job at Hatch Thunder Bay, ON
Requisition ID: 80212
Job Category: Infrastructure
Location: Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the , , and sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our , with experience in over , to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our expertise in infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure is for you!
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Intermediate Bridge Engineer to join the Infrastructure group in our Highways & Bridges team in the Thunder Bay location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
The Intermediate Bridge Engineer will be involved on a range of small to large projects which are industry and public high profile. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. You will be required to work autonomously within a growing team carrying out bridge feasibility works, design, and assessment and strengthening depending upon project requirements.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed design calculation;
- Preparation of technical reports;
- Preparation of project specifications and other contract documents;
- Perform structural analysis and prepare design calculations to include 2D and 3D analysis for bridges as well as foundations, infrastructure and retaining walls;
- Develop structural details and construction plans using MicroStation or AutoCAD;
- Conducting design check and quality audit of drawings and contract documents;
- Conducting site visits and inspection;
- Providing technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to junior engineers, technologists, and technicians;
- Working in coordination with other Hatch Offices;
- Mentoring Junior staff;
- Coordination of structural work with work of other disciplines.
You bring to the role:
- Civil or Structural Engineering Degree from an accredited university;
- 5 -10 years of experience in the design of bridges and experience with the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code or AASHTO;
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), or eligible for license in Ontario;
- Demonstrated experience in the area of bridge engineering with a recognized consulting engineering firm;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, industry standard bridge design and analysis software (such as Midas Civil, CSI Bridge, RM Bridge, etc.), and AutoCAD or MicroStation;
- Experience in preliminary design and detailed design of new bridges and rehabilitation or evaluation of existing bridges; steel and concrete structures;
- Experience with MTO design work would be an asset;
- Familiar with relevant agency/regulatory approval processes as pertaining to bridge engineering;
- Demonstrated ability in meeting project deliverables and requirements;
- Work independently and interact well with other staff, and mentor junior staff;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a necessity.
Why join us?
- Work with
to make a difference * Collaborate on exciting
to develop innovative solutions
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We’re committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the of the in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We’ll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
About the Company
Company Location: Thunder Bay, ON