Infrastructure Project Manager Job at Viva Energy Australia
Ours is a world that is transforming and evolving. Our future will not only be powered by the energy sources that keep Australia moving today but alternative energy sources will also power our future. It requires people who want to grow and evolve with us. Bright minds, boundless energy, new perspectives and the determination to take us forward. People who can help us deliver the energy products that keep our customers and their businesses moving today and are committed to building Australia’s energy future for tomorrow. We are the exclusive Shell licensee in Australia, and supply around a quarter of Australia’s fuel through our extensive network of over 1,250 service stations and through our commercial partnerships with some of Australia’s biggest companies in the aviation, marine, transport, resources, construction and manufacturing industries – we help industries reach their destinations too!
About the role
Join a high performing team focused on delivering the infrastructure initiatives and operational activities in adherence to the delivery frameworks, values and practices. We are on a journey of building direct relationship with customers, realising the potential and value. It is crucial we build technology and business solutions at speed and operate with agility to support the business today and the future as we work towards our 2030 strategy.
This role is working with key infrastructure leads, to govern the initiatives and operational activities to ensure they are delivered on time, within scope and budget, in collaboration with staff from various functional departments. In this roll you will work with team across the business and provide project governance using a range of methodologies *(e.g., agile, waterfall, hybrid), Build and maintain project management tools, consistent across the delivery team (e.g., Jira, confluence, MS Project). You will lead projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation and completing relevant project and operational documentation.
- Measure performance using standard tools and techniques and take proactive, corrective action if initiatives deviate from the approved plan
- Report on the health of the initiatives, adhering to standard templates and systems
- Work collaboratively with the engineers and other key stakeholders to deliver the required outcome
- Facilitate and/or support required meetings and or ceremonies
- Act as a coach to the teams, driving and supporting the delivery framework e.g., agile
- Support the technology business partners and Infrastructure leads on prioritizing work and ensuring commitment is within capacity and aligned to approved scope
- Consult with stakeholders across the business, removing blockers and advocating best practices
- Proactively attend conferences and training to learn new delivery and operating frameworks and leadership capability
Skills, Competencies and Experience:
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience.
- Proven working experience in delivering successful IT Infrastructure Projects – using PMBOK and Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of IT Infrastructure technology platforms
- Experience in collaborating with multiple cross functional team members
- Experience in managing 3rd party vendors and hold them to account
- Be customer centric with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with MS Project, Visio
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Relevant tertiary qualification, in business or similar combined with additional qualifications that demonstrate a passion for technology delivery in a complex environment
- It is desirable to have experience in Jira and Confluence and supporting collaboration tools
- Most importantly you will have a Growth mindset, embracing change and motivated to learn new skills to enhance your own and the team’s capability
We describe our company as being driven by people. We believe diversity in the workplace is every bit as important as it is in everyday life. We have been awarded the WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for the past three years running. We encourage inclusivity and diversity in our company and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We recognise that you may have commitments and interests outside of work and offer a variety of flexible working arrangements to ensure your needs and aspirations are supported. We encourage and support diversity in our traditional and non-traditional roles.
We offer a supportive and collaborative environment, focused on innovation and developing a team of valued, specialised and highly capable professionals. We offer above market superannuation, 25% discount on Fuel and our parental leave provisions are industry leading.
Apply now via the links
Applications close 4th October 2022
About the Company
Company: Viva Energy
Company Location: Australia