Information Security Engineer Jobs in Dallas, TX at Flexjet
Title: Information Security Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX
Flexjet, the second-largest private aviation company, is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our IT department as an Information Security (Infosec) Engineer at our state-of-the-art facility in Cleveland, Ohio or Dallas, Texas. As an Information Security Engineer, you will design and implement IT security systems to protect the organization’s computer networks from cyber-attacks. You will also help develop organization wide best practices for IT security. You will monitor computer networks for security issues, install security software and document all security issues or breaches you identify.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design overall security strategy for the organization, collaborating with Solution Architects, IT Management and business leaders
• Develop information security policies and procedures
• Implement components of a layered InfoSec defense to protect on premise, cloud and individual devices, systems and infrastructure
• Test OneSky implemented defenses for vulnerabilities • Monitor on premise, cloud and individual systems for security breaches
• Investigate and document security breaches
• Work with the Data Privacy Officer to coordinate actions and responsibilities for overlapping areas of interest
• Escalation point for all security related items
• Respond to questions relating to security from current and prospective clients, insurance companies and the like
• Provide regular updates on your areas of responsibility to team members and IT leadership • Participate in the on-call Systems Administrator rotation.
• Interact with vendors and partners of your systems as needed
• Must be flexible with the schedule and work outside of normal business hours as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred
• Cyber Security certification (CEH, CISA, CISM, CISSP, Security+)
• 6+ years of experience in Information Security
• 3-5 years of experience with hardware support • Experience maintaining a firewall. Palo Alto, Cisco, Checkpoint, pfSense.
• Experience with a SIEM such as LogRhythm, Splunk, Azure Sentinel, Alien Vault or Rapid 7
• In depth experience working with Microsoft Server operating systems Windows 2012 and newer
• In depth experience working with Microsoft Client operating systems Windows 7 and newer
• Professional experience in a production environment supporting a multi-host hypervisor infrastructure such as VMWare or Hyper-V, supporting a mix of Windows and Linux workloads
• Experience operating and maintaining secure networks, systems and application architecture
Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
• Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
• Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
• Expert IPv4 Networking fundamental skills are required. TCP/UDP, Routing, VLANs, Subnet masking, DNS, DHCP, common protocols and ports. IPv6 is a bonus.
• Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities
• Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
• Solid understanding of Windows Server Technologies including Active Directory, File Permissions, Print Servers, Group Policies, Clustering
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Work well independently
• Manage your time well working simultaneous challenges without undue stress.
• Flexibility and willingness to work in a changing, entrepreneurial environment. D…