ICT AIRPORT – AIRCRAFT DETAILER $11/HR Job at PrimeFlight Aviation Services – 3.0 in Wichita, KS
Accountability: The Detailer will be accountable to ensure that all work is done within Sharp Details standards of performance and quality expectations. To assure that our customers receive a service that is delivered “On time, every time, safely, exceeding their expectations”. The Detailer is held accountable to ensuring that he/she and any team members are following all safety protocol and processes always.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Aircraft Detailer (Detailer) will work under the Site Manager and Lead Detailer Positions. The Detailer will be responsible for adhering to Sharp Details Core Values daily and for following all Company policies and procedures as documented in the Employee Handbook, SDU, Safety Manual, NATA site and any other Company published guidebook.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Physically able to travel to each location as needed and meet attendance requirements daily.
- Must obtain own transportation to each job site, meeting or event location. * Site Manager may designate a meeting place for transport to remote jobs.
- Must maintain a stationary position for long periods of time. Approximately 60% of day.
- Must be able to move or traverse perform cleaning requirements on and around the aircraft. Approximately 50% of day.
- Must be able to position self in a variety of positions needed to properly clean aircraft. Approximately 60% of day.
- Must be able to ascend ladders or steps and work a-top of aircraft. Approximately 30% of day.
- Must communicate and effectively convey information to his/her team.
- Must work with non-toxic chemicals, such as shampoos, polishes, window cleaners, other chemicals required to perform the job.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS and JOB DUTIES
- Perform pre-check and post checks of all aircraft
- Clean aircraft in accordance with company aircraft cleaning manual and training.
- Report any obvious damage to Lead and Site Manager.
- Fill out aircraft checklist for each completed aircraft cleaning.
- Fill out invoice for aircraft when providing work at FBO’s.
- Organize van, shop, lockers, and equipment upon completion of a task.
- Properly clean hangar floor and hangar area after each job.
- May assist with laundry, cleaning and organizing of storage areas, cleaning and organizing of company vehicles.
- Assure that all chemicals are in properly labeled bottles at the completion of each job.
- May load or unload vehicles or carts with supplies.
- Is responsible to check all equipment for safety before use, includes; ladders, lifts, electric equipment.
- Is responsible for applying all safety materials to aircraft before cleaning operation.
- May be assigned to train other new staff members.
- May with authorization be required to drive a company vehicle and to transport others to and from work locations.
- Maintain open communication with Leads and Site Manager (SM) and other team members on all work-related tasks.
- Participate in daily pre-shift meetings and other meetings scheduled by the SM.
- Communicate any safety issues or recommendations to the SM.
- Communicate with staff daily to collaborate on job assignments and to ensure a teamwork environment.
- Always communicate in a positive and professional manner with management, fellow employees, and customers.
- Maintain, represent and enhance the company image daily.
- Answer all phone calls and voice mails from your manager within 30 minutes of receipt on days you are scheduled to work or “on call”.
- All work will be performed in accordance with company set policies and procedures.
- All proprietary information will be held as strictly confidential outside the company (including pricing, contract specifics, phone numbers, and employee pay).
- Notify SM immediately of any issues that cannot be resolved or deadlines that cannot be met within a reasonable time frame and before the deadline has arrived.
- Must be able to clear a background check per company and/or client/airport guidelines.
- Must be able to pass a drug test per company or FAA guidelines.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must submit to and pass random drug tests.
- High-school Diploma or GD
- Experience working in the aviation industry or similar transportation industry.
- Experience working in a customer-based service industry.
- Experience working in a manual labor job with exposure to weather elements.
Climate / Work Conditions:
- Position may work in a hangar, indoors either heated or unheated and should expect to work in extreme seasonal weather fluctuations: rain, wind, heat, cold, sunshine and areas with no heat, or air conditioning.
- Work may be performed with loud noise in the area (airplane engines). Chemical smells, aircraft fuel smells, etc.
- Work may be performed on wet – slippery surfaces, on or off the aircraft.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
- This job description is subject to change at any time with notice.
About the Company
Company: PrimeFlight Aviation Services – 3.0
Company Location: Wichita, KS