HR Advisor LHR Job at Menzies Aviation Hounslow, Greater London
People. Passion. Pride. This is what has driven our teams since 1833.
Since that time, we have developed to become a critical partner in the global aviation industry, delivering time-critical logistics services at 200 locations in over 37 countries, across six continents. But at the heart of our business is our people. If you are seeking a role with opportunities to learn and develop, this could be the beginning of an exciting journey.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional HR Advisor to be part of the HR Team at Menzies Aviation supporting the London Heathrow Cabin Cleaning Team and Cargo Team. At Menzies Aviation we know our people give us a unique, unrivalled, and sustainable advantage and as a Team our focus to ensure we create a positive workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent.
The successful applicant will have a very hands-on operation approach to HR, providing expertise in all areas of HR service provided to the business. The HR Advisor will act as the first point of contact/escalation for the HR related queries from employees, line managers and the HR Co-ordinator for our Cargo and Cabin Cleaning departments. You will join the Heathrow Ground Handling HR team reporting to the Senior HR Business Partner and will split your time across Cargo (two days a week) and Cabin Cleaning (three days a week). You will be responsible to deliver an efficient and effective generalist HR service within the HR Team and provide an outstanding service to our staff and Management Teams. The HR Advisor will build constructive relationships with internal and external customers and colleagues across the business and work on exciting HR projects across the UK region.
Main accountabilities include:
- Support the HR team in providing advice, support and training to the management team in all aspects of HR including employment law, equal opportunities and other associated legislation
- Support the HR team in developing and maintaining policies and procedures to ensure productive employee relations are consistently maintained in accordance with legislation and best practice
Recruitment and onboarding
- Oversee all recruitment for the region and ensure offers of employment are issued to successful candidates within the required timelines.
- Provide support to the Station Managers and HR Coordinator on all recruitment matters.
- Ensuring probation reviews are carried out for all new joiners in line with Company Policy
- Along with the HR Co-ordinator, provide support to line managers for induction of new starters, with particular emphasis on ensuring that all new starters are made aware of key corporate HR policies, procedures, company benefits and how these are implemented locally (eg absence reporting procedures etc.)
- Provide case management advice to Managers with regards to managing long and short-term sickness cases.
- Partner operational management to effectively manage attendance.
- Ensure all Occupational Health referrals follow the correct procedure and keep the management team updated with progress.
- Advising on and administering family leave, flexible working requests and attendance management issues
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure all HR Processes are implemented, managed and updated, suggesting improvements where necessary.
- Preparing HR related letters and documents, as and when required
- Take accountability for all Employee Relations issues within the stations.
- Advising line managers with employment queries, including performance issues, restructures, TUPEs and redundancies
- Act as chair or note taker and provide advice during disciplinaries, grievances and appeals procedures.
- Support on the preparation of Employment Tribunal case files, as and when required.
- Update pay scales in line with pay awards, when required.
- Give line managers advice on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
- Administering employee benefits and supporting policy renewals
- Lead on all people recognition schemes and other engagement initiatives for the Stations, to ensure our people are engaged and valued for their contributions.
- Ensuring probation reviews are carried out for all new joiners in line with Company Policy.
- Ensure effective processes are in place for performance monitoring and the implementation of HR best practice measures including the annual performance review process.
- Contribute to project work delivery within the department by taking part in, or leading project teams
- Assist with monthly HR reports to the business.
- To undertake project and ad-hoc duties relevant to the role
- Ensure all HR files and HR training records are maintained and updated.
- Deliver HR Workshop training sessions.
- Mentor the HR Coordinator, to ensure that they are supported to provide an outstanding service to the business.
- Ensure effective communication and co-operation with local administrators to ensure that all people related processes are managed efficiently and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Safety, Security and Compliance
ALL Employees have a responsibility and duty whilst at work to:
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their actions or omissions whilst at work.
- Co-operate with their manager / supervisor in order to allow them to perform or comply with any legal requirements imposed on the company.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided by the company in the interests of health, safety or welfare reasons.
- Inform their manager / supervisor of any work situation, equipment or activity that represents a serious or immediate danger to health and safety.
- Report any hazards, near misses, incidents, accidents or dangerous occurrences to their manager / supervisor, who will then follow the procedures contained in this manual.
- Carry out work in accordance with information and training provided and any specific workplace health and safety rules or procedures.
- Fully understand the company health and safety policy.
- Attend training courses as may be arranged by the Company.
- Engage with MORSE and follow our code principles.
Qualifications and Experience
- CIPD level 5 certificate or working towards or relevant experience.
- Ability to build constructive relationships with internal and external customers and with colleagues across the HR and Administration Departments
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with management at all levels.
- Competent and have the ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Thorough and proactive with the ability to deal with matters in an efficient and methodical process.
- Results orientated with good interpersonal skills
- Respectful, supportive and friendly approach
- Clear and honest communication
- Passionate and driven.
- Flexible and understanding of changing priorities and situations.
- Punctual and reliable
- Confident and focused
Menzies Aviation are a committed equal opportunity employer and encourage applications for suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, and maternity. We strive to create an inclusive working environment, where the different knowledge, perspectives, experiences, and approaches of our global workforce are represented. Where everyone feels valued and can reach their full potential.
Please be aware that as part of our recruitment process, we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role. Please feel free to contact to recruiter below, if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider.
As part of our recruitment process, we will always consider how candidates fit with our values which you can learn more about here.
Please click apply now. If you have any questions, you can contact us. The closing date for submissions is 19 October 2022
About the Company
Company: Menzies Aviation
Company Location: Hounslow, Greater London