Helicopter Pilot (Relief) Job at Public Safety Business Agency – in Brisbane QLD
Our employees are highly motivated, self-driven leaders who understand our business and are committed to delivering exceptional service to our customers. Strong problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills, a clear customer focus, positive work ethic and safety culture are desired attributes.
Job Type: Contract
Position Type: Flexible-full-time
Location: Brisbane – West
Yearly Salary: $161534 – $161534
Contact Name: Elisa Sandon
Closing Date: 22-APR-21
Your part in the ongoing success of our business, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including:
- Fly single pilot, instrument flight rules (IFR) multi-engine helicopters on aeromedical operations including primary and secondary responses, carriage of infectious patients and medical organs or specimens. You may also support search and rescue operations, counter disaster operations and other police and government-related tasks.
- Carry out all duties and training in accordance with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulations and the QGAir Operations Manual.
- Maintain a high standard of crew coordination and cooperation in a multi crew environment.
- Ensure the Base Manager is promptly advised on all matters affecting the safety, serviceability or effectiveness of aircraft or the operation.
- Assist in ensuring that all flight and task documentation is accurately completed and that all crews are adequately briefed and de-briefed and any deficiencies promptly addressed.
- Undertake and support operational duties during emergencies and disasters as necessary.
- Possession of Air Transport Pilots Licence (Helicopter).
- 2500 hours minimum experience as a helicopter pilot. May be reduced to not below 2000 hours providing applicant has extensive civilian or military EMS/SAR/AME/QRF experience.
- 1500 hours pilot in command on helicopters.
- 200 hours multi engine turbine command on helicopters.
- 100 hours night experience in helicopters.
- 150 hours instrument time with a minimum of 50 hours helicopter instrument flight time.
- Current class 1 medical.
- Current or previous multi engine helicopter Instrument Rating or Military equivalent with a minimum of three (3) Instrument Proficiency Checks.
- In compliance with CASA Drug and Alcohol Management Plan requirements the preferred applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment testing.
Highly desirable skills/requirements
- Civil or Military NVG/NVIS Helicopter endorsement/rating.
- Type Rating on AW139 helicopters.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference Number: QLD/369689/21
Closing Date: Thursday, 22 April 2021
About the Company
Company: Public Safety Business Agency –
Company Location: Brisbane QLD