Head of UK & Europe Sales Job at Virgin Atlantic – in Crawley
- Lead the home UK market, representing Virgin Atlantic, with our JV partners Delta, Air France & KLM
- Work closely with colleagues on cross-territory opportunities, trade the business on a tactical basis to maintain market share and revenue goals.
- Maximising new business development opportunities.
- Establishing clear sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales plans for accounts and point of sales territories.
- Work collaboratively with the sales, commercial and marketing teams and fosters a culture of continuous improvement and return on investment at account level.
- Reporting and analytics, validate the quality of the lead and pipeline data and provide guidance to improve the overall performance.
- Partner with customers and travel managers to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Lead a team of Senior Account Managers to develop tactics and action plans.
- Representing the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
- Develop relationships with clients, trade association and global JV partners.
- Create strong relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels.
Would you like to be at the heart of the UK’s ‘Most Loved’ travel company? Are you positioned as a knowledgeable leader, and strong at building relationships? Do you have a strong background in aviation or Travel sector? If so, then this could be the role for you…
In addition to the above, we would love to speak with you if you are able to demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience as Head of Sales within an aviation or travel sector environment is essential
- Experience in core sales, at a B2B function, client facing.
- An extensive travel industry network and experience in being part of external forums and network groups to create best in class ideas.
- Demonstrable success in developing and implementing evidenced-based partnership strategies that drive organisational objectives and priorities
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills with a demonstrable ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external senior leaders, positioning yourself as a trusted advisor to members of the Board, senior stakeholders and key shareholders
- Strong people leadership skills with an ability to inspire the highest levels of performance from their team and others around them.
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can ignite the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You’ll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values
About the Company
Company: Virgin Atlantic –
Company Location: Crawley