GSE and ULD Supply Chain Analyst, Amazon Air Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
Amazon Air is seeking highly motivated individuals to identify and develop game-changing air transportation solutions for Amazon’s middle-mile transportation network, with the aim of ultimately improving our customers’ experience. Work will make a significant, measurable impact on the business goals for Amazon Air. If you want to work for a great company and have the opportunity to delight our customers, then join us in making Amazon history!
We are seeking a dynamic, analytical and organized Business Analyst to join Amazon Air’s GSE and ULD Program Management Team, in the Global Fleet & Aviation Sourcing team. The position will be reporting to the Head of GSE and ULD Program and will be based at our Bellevue, WA location.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Purchase order management and Invoice Reconciliation
- Review ULD and GSE telematics data – Drive system accuracy and reporting
- Host and drive Quarterly Business Review (QBR) and Monthly Business Review (MBR)
- Engage in quarterly GSE and ULD supplier and site Audits
- Assist with commissioning units onsite
- Review contract performance standards and manage vendor incentive/penalty payments
- Working within time constraints to meet business critical needs (often managing multiple, time-sensitive and high priority initiatives simultaneously)
- Systematically escalate problems or variances in the operating plan to the relevant owners and teams, following through to resolution to ensure they are delivered
- Prepare vendor health and performance scorecards and track performance to financial goals
- Address inquiries and concerns from vendors and ensure vendors know how to use Amazon tools
- Analyze ULD, GSE, flight, and scan metrics relating to operational performance and effectively present data to vendors and internal teams
- Partner with Senior Operations Managers on interacting with GSE and ULD management, and agree on priorities, business decisions, objectives, and communication
- Manage administrative duties with telematics portals
- Collaborate on the creation of processes with the aid of technical and business team members
- Collect data and perform advanced modeling and statistical analysis
- Model, evaluate, and implement opportunities in a complex transportation network
- Map, document, and recommend process improvements
- Assist in communications with internal and external customers to understand business requirements
- Support business development and help to create efficient designs and solution processes
- Determine efficient utilization of resources
- Actively engage with internal partners throughout the organization to meet and exceed customer service levels & transport-related KPI’s.
- Research and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Excellent problem-solving, task prioritization, follow-up, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment with little guidance or supervision
- Ability to manage through conflict with a positive, flexible, and professional attitude
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Proven record of accomplishment of taking ownership and driving results
Ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Operations, Finance, or related field
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- 3+ years of experience working in Advanced Excel, SQL, and Tableau or related data visualization software
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean techniques (how, when, who)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA