Ground Handling Agent (Baggage Hall) Job at Sky Handling Partner – in Swords, County Dublin
********* €1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS APPLIES *********
********* FULL TRAINING PROVIDED *********
********* EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES & BENEFITS *********
Ground Handling Agent (Baggage Hall)
*Full Clean Driving Licence, Category B*
An exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with one of Ireland’s Leading Ground Service Providers, who work in partnership with flagship Airlines at Dublin Airport. This role predominately focuses on Baggage Handling and Cargo/Baggage Transportation. As per the industry norm contractually, you will be entitled to a minimum of 25 hours per week at a pay rate of €11.00 per hour. In reality, additional hours are allocated with the opportunity to work overtime paid at time and a half. As Safety and Security is at the forefront of this role, punctuality and professionalism is key. This role is ideal, for those who like to work in teams and enjoy a fast paced working environment such as Dublin Airport.
Main tasks – Ground Handling Agent (Baggage Hall)
· To load outbound baggage in the make-up areas in compliance with airline procedure while using scanner devices.
· To ensure the on time delivery of baggage/cargo from the sorting area/warehouse’s to the relevant flights.
· To ensure the safe and efficient delivery of baggage and freight from arriving aircraft to the baggage hall and cargo terminals.
· Ensure your Supervisor are informed of any issues you encounter on flights.
· Transportation of flight crews
· Report equipment faults and breakdowns to your Supervisor.
· Highest level of training is provided for successful candidates.
· Other duties will be assigned from time to time.
· Minimum age requirement 18 years.
· Full Clean Driving Licence, Category B
· Pass a 5-year security background check and Garda Vetting process
· Provide verifiable written references for the previous 5 years.
· Eligible to live and work in the E.U.
· Possess good written and verbal English language skills.
· Prepared to work a range of shift duties in a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation.
· Ability to work rostered shifts and to be fully flexible in the event of disruptions.
· Ability to work well under pressure to ensure the safe and efficient turnaround of aircraft.
· Work well within a team.
· Punctuality and attendance is vitally important in the Aviation Industry and strictly monitored.
· Prepared to adhere to the SHP grooming & uniform standards
· Previous experience in an operational environment
Benefits of Working with SHP:
- Pension Scheme – Permanent employees with minimum one year service are eligible to join the company pension scheme with excellent contribution rates.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Provides a complete support network to employees and their immediate families with expert confidential advice on matters pertaining to Health & Lifestyle, Legal Information, Home Life and Work Life, 24/7 free of charge.
- Sick Pay Policy – Permanent employees with one year service are eligible to limited sick pay annually.
- Refer-a-friend – Earn some extra cash by referring a friend for €500!!
- Bike4Work Scheme – Permanent employees with one year service are eligible to apply for the Bike4Work tax saver incentive scheme.
- Employee of the Month Rewards, in all departments for above and beyond customer / safety focus.
- Long Service Rewards, for all staff that reach long service milestones.
- Preferential Banking: Bank of Ireland Dublin Airport provide preferential banking personal/car/home loan rates to Sky Handling Partner Employees.
Marsh Insurance Brokers Ireland offer Sky Handling Partner Employees discounted insurance policy rates for:
- Contract These positions will be permanent role with a probation period of 6 months.
- Hours you will be contracted to a minimum of 25 hours per week but full time hours are regularly rostered. You may be required to work additional hours when the operation requires it or in the event of aircraft delays / operational disruptions.
* Salary Range: €11.00 – €11.40 gross per hour plus additional shift premium payment of €10 per Sunday worked.
* Shift Work Interested candidates will be required to work a range of shift duties in a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation. Shift length can vary between 4 and 10 hours and will include early starts and late finishes.
* Part-time hours: 25 per week minimum
Note – full terms and conditions for the sign-on bonus and further details on Staff benefits will be provided for upon application.
Sky Handling Partner is an equal opportunities employer
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: €11.00-€11.40 per hour
Full Covid Policy, Protocol and Practices in place Implemented by Competent H&S Team. All customers are required to wear marks. Offices and Vehicles are sanitised daily.Hand Sanitising Units are provided in all offices. Employee welfare committee in place
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Swords, County Dublin: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Full Clean Driving Licence, Category B (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Sky Handling Partner –
Company Location: Swords, County Dublin