Fuel Supervisor (FLL Airport) Job at PrimeFlight Aviation – 3.0 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
As a valued member of the PrimeFlight team, you will be responsible for aircraft fueling. In this position you will:
- Ensures the effective operations of the air carrier fueling function
- Issues are written and oral instructions
- Assures adherence to safety procedures
- Recommends manpower requirements
- Maintains harmony among staff and resolved grievances
- Perform fueling in a safe and efficient manner
- Accurately track fuel transactions
- Execute daily quality control checks on equipment
- Maintain equipment in clean and functional condition
- Use fuel trucks, hydrants carts and stationary carts to fuel aircraft
- Ensure the correct loading and balancing of fuel
- Refuel/Defuel aircraft when directed
- Deicing of aircraft as required
- Demonstrate regular, predictable attendance at the job location
- Exceed PrimeFlight customer service and safety standards
- Carry out other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Customer Service, Interpersonal, Oral Communication
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 18 years of age
- Reliable transportation
- Eligible to work in the United States
Associates degree or two years pertinent industry experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Efficient, immediate problem-solving capabilities.
Intermediate computer skills in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License with a clean and verifiable driving record.
Manage a crew of aircraft fueling staff. Supervise shifts and workers as directed by Station Management.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. The employee must be willing to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Some work is in an outside environment, with exposure to hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather.
At times this work involves exposure to human waste or vomit while cleaning as well as exposure to cleaning chemicals. The employee must be able to complete cleaning duties using company-provided protective gloves and/or eye protection or face shields.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walk and climb up and down a minimum of 500 stairs daily
- Walk, stretch, and bend
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in tight spaces
- Reach above head, full extension (72 inches) with arms
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by the terminal environment
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
About the Company
Company: PrimeFlight Aviation – 3.0
Company Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL