FSR Operator Jobs in Petaluma – California – USA at Aerovironment
Title: FSR Operator
Location: Petaluma – California – USA
Type: Full Time
Category: Engineering, Airport/Airline
Position: FSR Operator I
We are a manufacturing Company disrupting the industry by developing revolutionary aircraft. AeroVironment is looking for capable, flexible team players who are interested in working for an innovative and growing company that supports USSOCOM’s Medium Endurance UAS effort. The JUMP
20 is our flagship UAV platform and is a fully autonomous air vehicle using Piccolo Command Center to interface with the Operator.
Candidates are reviewed and selected through a series of o conferences. Selected individuals are invited to Petaluma to begin a six-week training course. Upon receiving certification Field Service Representatives (FSR’s) are deployed to Forward Operating Base size sites to be part of personnel teams. FSRs are trained as Mechanics or Operators and assigned additional duties on site. Deployment rotations can be a combination of 4 months on site and 2 months offsite hs onsite and 3 months offsite.
There are very little to no job requirements during the down time and FSRs can live anywhere they choose.
Qualifications(Required Skills & Experience):
* Bachelor’s degree in related discipline is required or equivalent combination or education, training with 5+ years experience in manned aviation either fixed wing or rotorcraft as a pilot, flight engineer or mechanic
* Active SECRET or TS Clearance level
* AVO — Piccolo Command Center experience (500 hours). UAV operator experience (1000 hours). Fixed wing experience (500 hours).
* MECH — VTOL UAV experience (3 Years). Rotor experience (3 years). FAA Airframe and Powerplant license.
Qualifications& Desired Competencies
* Previous OCONUS unmanned systems operations experience in a US military services environment is desirable
* Demonstrated leadership and strong communication skills.
* Employment is contingent upon meeting all medical requirements for overseas assignment.
* Special operations experience is preferred
* Be available to do extended OCONUS travel for 4 month deployments
* Ability to speak, read, and write in English
* Able to pass medical screening, background investigation and drug test
* Ability to lift 35 to 50 pounds
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/rt Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee.
See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: http://
We also encourage you to review our company website at http:// to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Fou…