FREIGHT FORWARDER Job at Amicus Recruitment in Dublin
This is a very busy role – a typical day will involve working on emails; liaising with their offices in Asia; invoicing; quotations; and above all; delivering on the customer’s requirements- sometimes all the way from the factories in Asia to the client’s door in the UK/ Ireland. Due to time zones and working with teams based in various international markets; the morning can be a particular busy time of the day and October- February can be a particular busy time of year. ** A Key aspect is communication; project management and managing expectations **
For this position; you must be calm under pressure; be able to prioritise; strong on numbers but in return; you will obtain fantastic exposure to the international freight sector ; work with some iconic customers in the Shipping and Aviation sector and you will get to work with various areas of the Business.
A real sell to me is the Operations Manager– Paul- who is a Diamond of a Boss- said the following ” Attention to detail is key and communication with our customers is key- keeping them updated on the process. We have grown our customer base in Asia and Australia in particular and moved into different sectors so it is a great time to join the Business- the team is great; a number of whom have been here a long time; some of whom have been promoted; everyone helps each other out and unlike other Businesses; you don’t get pigeonholed in one area.”
There are a couple of reasons why this is a fantastic opportunity 1. Paul and the team- Paul has been with the Business for over 15 years- He is a genuine and very personable chap and I know he is well liked by his team2. Growth of the Business- they have doubled their client base in the last two years and 3. The people in the Business and the team itself- very supportive.
- Monitor all jobs to ensure adherence to planned progress by maintaining proactive communications with all supply chain partners
- Process jobs in accordance with deadlines
- Communicate regularly with clients to ensure that they are aware of their shipment status at all times
- Timely preparation and transmission of customer reports
- Ensuring a high standard of TMS data processing in terms of both accuracy and completeness
- Support the company in obtaining and developing new business
- Contribution to profits through obtaining best value prices with suppliers; ensuring freight transactions are processed within budget
- Understand and comply with all internal policies and procedures such as SOPs , WIs, Company Handbook
- Ensure continued compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Good level of PC skills, Excel for reports, use of freight forwarding systems, email, MS Word
- Financial skills, good mathematical ability (for invoicing and working with rates of exchange)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team
For more information please contact Denis Mac Sweeney on 087 977 2742 or email Denis at . All applications will be treated confidentially
About the Company
Company: Amicus Recruitment
Company Location: Dublin