Flight Safety Officer Job at Oregon in Oregon
- 14 CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
- Valid driver’s license and able to meet Amazon’s driver eligibility criteria
- Experience with business communications and reporting
- Able to understand flight telemetry and aviation weather
- Experience with Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Maneuver at heights or tight spaces and in outdoor environments
- Bend/twist frequently, and able to lift 50lbs
- Completed Class 2 FAA Medical Examination
This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing if conducting safety sensitive functions as defined by the FAA. Federal law also requires Amazon to determine an applicant’s DOT drug and/or alcohol testing history prior to hiring him/her into a position that would require them to conduct safety sensitive functions as defined by the FAA.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real-world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Amazon is seeking a Flight Safety Officer. Success will require attention to detail, strong decision making, a safety-oriented attitude, and enthusiasm for Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) technology. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- 14 CFR Part 61 current Private Pilot license
- Experience with commercial UAS industry
- 2+ years of RC pilot experience with excellent coordination and execution
- Experience with FAA rules and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communications and reporting skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Oregon