Flight Nurse Job at REACH Medical Holdings – 3.2 in Redding, CA
Position Summary: The REACH Flight Nurse provides customer oriented high quality patient care, in a safe and efficient manner. In every situation the Flight Nurse does what is right for the patient based on a thorough assessment and implementation of protocols, SOP’s and appropriate care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Delivers safe and efficient, customer oriented, high-quality nursing care to each patient throughout the transport process.
Utilizes REACH clinical protocols to provide high quality patient care.
Performs nursing expanded scope practice policies and procedures to deliver high quality patient care in the transport environment.
Demonstrates cognitive and motor skills necessary to perform nurse scope practice policies and procedures.
Monitors, records, and reports to receiving staff, patient condition and response to interventions.
Properly utilizes aircraft radios and navigation tools to assist in the safe and efficient transport of the patient.
Represents REACH in public relation and safety in-services to improve awareness and safety.
Other duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, either orally or in writing.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Current unrestricted RN license in State of practice.
Minimum of three (3) years of emergency/critical care experience (>1 year of adult ICU preferred).
PICU, NICU and CCT experience desirable.
Current Certifications (Pre-Hire)
Current AHA or ASHI Basic Life Support (BLS)
Current AHA or ASHI Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Current AHA or ASHI Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or
ACEP Advanced Pediatric Life Support (APLS) or
ENPC Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course
AAP Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
Approved Trauma Certification within six (6) months of hire per Company policy
National certification desirable upon application but required within one (1) year of hire per Company policy
Excellent customer service skills.
Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and persuasively (oral, written, presentation)
Ability to maintain composure under pressure, work efficiently and accurately with frequent interruptions, and set and reset multiple priorities.
Presents a professional image as a REACH flight team member.
Maintains a positive team attitude and cohesive working relationship with nurses, paramedics, pilots, aircraft maintenance technicians, communication specialists and all other supporting departments.
Maintains proficiency and exercises best practices regarding relevant aviation SOPs, protocols and policies.
Stays current on local EMS Agency and/or county protocols and requirements.
Maintains currency in all required trainings and certifications.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an emergency or critical care setting required
- Flight experience preferred
- Current RN licensure in the states served by the assigned area required
- EMT Certification in state(s) where required
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP required prior to flight status. Will be required to obtain trauma certification within 6 months of hire
- Advanced Certification (CEN, CCRN, CFRN) preferred, required within 12 months from date of hire
- Instructor certifications in BLS, ACLS, PALS/PEPP, ITLS/PHTLS preferred
The knowledge, skills and abilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret health and flight-related journals, hospital reports, and job specific legal documentation
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to patient care
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to multitask and perform effectively in a fast paced environment
- Exhibits professionalism, is ethical and able to maintain confidentiality
- Well-organized, analytical and self-directed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to relate to and interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS The working conditions as well as physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Required to work frequently near moving mechanical parts
- Required to work in outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to blood-borne pathogens or airborne particles
- Frequently exposed to vibrations/turbulence
- Exposed to loud noise levels requiring headphones while in-flight and at a moderate level when in a hospital environment
- Frequently required to travel within region of assignment
- Must be willing to shave facial hair (if needed) to fit a N95 mask
- Reach with hands and arms; speak and hear
- Must possess the gross and fine motor skills necessary to sufficiently provide the full range of safe and effective patient care activities
- Frequently required to sit
- Required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell
- Lift and/or move up to 150 pounds cumulative with assistance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care – We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team – We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation – We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance – We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership – We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship – We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Direct Report: Program Director or Regional Director
Interrelationships: Medical Crew; PCS Staff; Employees; Patients;
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.
About the Company
Company: REACH Medical Holdings – 3.2
Company Location: Redding, CA