Field Support Technician Job at SAIC in Houston, TX
LOCATION: HOUSTON , TX , US
DATE POSTED: 2020-11-19
CATEGORY: Information Technology
SUBCATEGORY: Technical Support
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 25 % of the Time
MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: None
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: Public Trust
POTENTIAL FOR REMOTE WORK: No
SAIC is looking for outstanding IT candidates to join our Civilian Markets Group in support of the Federal Aviation Administration Integrated Service Center (FAA ISC). SAIC leads the way to provide customer-centric IT Service Management (ITSM) focused on improving service, and leveraging processes and strategies with an emphasis on timely IT services and support.
You will be part of the Tech Dispatch team, responsible for onsite support of incidents and service requests that cannot be resolved remotely by Service Center Staff. In this role you resolve, track, and manage escalated technical problems within Remedy. Travel may be required to support remote FAA sites that do not have local technicians assigned.
- Installs software, modifies settings, and replaces hardware as required to resolve the incident.
- Resolves desktop and network issues to restore service.
- Understands premise wiring/cabling best practices.
- Uses ITSM and Remedy ticket processes to document actions taken and executes hardware or software deployment.
- Supports lifecycle asset management (LCAM) of IT equipment deployment through exchange/disposal.
- Ensures troubleshooting and resolutions are accomplished using industry best practices, resolves technical issues, ensures issues resolved per FAA direction, and documents installed configuration.
- Makes updates to the knowledge base by creating documentation describing issues encountered, their resolutions, and works on the development of processes and documentation to improve the ability of the service desk to detect and resolve problems.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- AA Degree in related discipline and one year related experience; Or, High School and two (2) years of related experience.
- Technical proficiency in supporting desktop, server, printer, and network equipment.
- Must be willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast-paced support role.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem solving skills
- Additional IT & HDI certifications preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance prior to starting work.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nations modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partners ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit [ or Working at SAIC [ for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
About the Company
Company Location: Houston, TX