Field Avionics Technician – Non-Deployable Jobs in Llano – California – USA at GENERAL ATOMICS
Title: Field Avionics Technician – Non-Deployable
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: Llano – California – USA
Type: Full Time
Category: Maintenance/Cleaning, Airport/Airline
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Field Avionics Technician located in Adelanto, CA.
DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES:
• Constructs individual components of electronic equipment following detailed schematics, layout diagrams, and work instructions.
• Corrects minor discrepancies by removal, repair, or replacement of defective or deleted parts of aircraft electrical systems.
• Performs limited functional checks on existing and newly installed aircraft electrical systems and equipment; disassembles, assembles, and adjusts electronic equipment.
• Operates automatic test equipment to locate, diagnose, and repair defective parts and performs routine inspections on systems and equipment.
• Troubleshoots, tests, and documents findings; repairs or replaces components based on test results by following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
• Fabricates, upgrades, routes, and installs wiring harnesses.
• Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
• Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a two-year technical degree or trade school equivalency as well as two s experience in aviation or electronics. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
• Must be able to perform a variety of routine tasks and demonstrate full knowledge of avionics and electronic procedures and principles.
• Must possess: (1) the ability to troubleshoot onent level; (2) full knowledge and use of electronic test equipment, hand and soldering tools, voltage or amperage measuring and recording devices; (3) the ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics and technical orders; (4) the ability to obtain a security clearance; and (5) good analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and assess situations and make judgments.
• The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
• Must have a DOD secret security clearance.