Facilities Maintenance Technician Job at Teledyne Technologies in Mountain View, CA
Teledyne Microwave Solutions has over 50 years of experience in the design, development, and manufacture of sophisticated microwave/RF components and integrated assemblies for the most demanding challenges.Our products and capabilities are sought after by civilian and military organizations spanning numerous global markets, including Aviation, Communication, Electronic Warfare (EW/ECM/CIED), Industrial, Missile/UAV, Radar, Satcom, Space, and Test and Measurement. Teledyne Microwave Solutions invests heavily in research and development to maintain the ability to offer the world’s most advanced MW/RF capabilities for current and emerging challenges.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc.). Performs general cleaning and other tasks as assigned. This is a full-time, Swing shift, nonexempt hourly position, reporting to the Facilities Manager.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- High school education or equivalent
- 5-10 years of working experience in facilities maintenance
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills; customer service oriented
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to push/lift 75 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders
- Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, crouching as job may require
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures • Working in high noise levels requiring hearing protection
- Working around lubricants, solvents, batteries, cleaning fluids, paints
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a ‘U.S. Person’ (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees).
About the Company
Company: Teledyne Technologies
Company Location: Mountain View, CA