EPIC Training Manager Job at Aviation Structure Repairs LLC in Rolla, MO
Our client is one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. They have a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve.
The Epic Training Manager is a full time position leading the Epic Training Team which consists of Epic Principal Trainers and Epic Credentialed Trainers and may be required to deliver end user training. The Epic Training Manager sets the direction for and oversees end user training including curriculum development for ongoing education such as new employee, transfer, and upgrade training, maintenance of the training program, the Super User program, and others.
The Training program will include Epic training and may include training for other application systems. The Training Manager identifies the training needs of each role within the organization, develops the training schedule, and collaborates with Human Resources surrounding overall training to the organization.
The Training Manager will also be responsible for delivering some end user training and preparation for training. The work is accomplished in a team environment and requires excellent management and communication skills with a high level of professionalism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines required training resources, directing and managing training team resources, and securing facilities and equipment for classroom training.
- Decides curriculum delivery methods, creates a course catalog/training schedule, and ensures all users are trained before they access the production environment.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of the Epic training environment, training curriculum, and all eLearnings.
- Ensures team complies with change control & project management best practices.
- Operates under deadlines and extreme workloads.
- Solves highly complex problems and develops solutions to tasks or projects which may be unique.
- Complies with Customer Service best practices.
- Represents the Epic Application Team at leadership and departmental meetings.
- Provides management/oversight for direct reports and subordinate staff including staffing, development and all other Human Resources matters.
- Ensures supply of resources meets work demand and all teams are trained and compliant with standards and best practices.
- Coordinates and manages Epic training environment builds and maintenance, implementation of any change requests made to existing applications as well as educating end-users on changes, review release notes and prepare for and implement planned upgrades.
- Classroom and virtual training delivery to end users; preparation of lesson plans, including methods, materials, and documentation to be presented in class, knowledge management, and development of eLearning
- Creates and validates training tools which support the ongoing education of system users, and measures user competency as well as effectiveness of the training program.
- End user support in person and via phone along with ticket resolution, act as a subject matter expert in the technical/functional area of the content.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Healthcare Administration, Mathematics, Healthcare Informatics of Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience with at least 3 years in healthcare.
- Epic or other EHR experience preferred.
- Experience designing and delivery training programs in adult education strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and change management skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
- Certifications in one or more Epic applications or technical functions Preferred.
- Epic Curriculum certification will be required within the first 90 days of hire. Travel and expenses will be paid by Phelps Health.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to generate technical reports and documents. May occasionally be expected to work unusual hours while resolving issues. Standing, walking, and sitting are required. Moderate lifting (10lbs) required.
- Standard office conditions; well lighted, climate controlled area. Constant noise from fans and printers for extended periods. Will spend a great deal of time using computers with possible visual or muscular discomfort. Potential exposure to infectious diseases.
Powered by JazzHR
About the Company
Company: Aviation Structure Repairs LLC
Company Location: Rolla, MO