Embedded Software Engineer Job at Matchtech – in Gloucestershire
Excellent Contract Opportunity OUTSIDE of IR35 to work on a cutting edge zero-emission Aviation project. We’re looking for Proven Embedded Software Design Engineer with DO 178 B/C experience to work from concept through to delivery.
Embedded Software, DO 178 B/C, Full lifecycle, Model based Systems
This Contract is OUTSIDE of IR35
On-site working required, NOT remote.
Embedded Software DO178B
Working closely with the Head of Software you will work as a member of a Software Development team, with the opportunity to contribute to the design, development, and verification of software. You will gain experience in a broad range of technologies and toolsets.
You will be integrated into a dynamic and fast-paced development team, overcoming challenges and producing innovation solutions. The successful candidate is self-motivated and energetic, with a strong drive to ensure successful outcomes.
- Delivering the software engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and time frame.
- Coordinating the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
- Generating, understanding, and reviewing system requirements.
- Developing and documenting Software architecture, design, and Verification strategies.
- Ensuring that the specification, design, and acceptance information is fully traceable.
- Leading all the activities relating to Software verification and acceptance.
- Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
- Supporting bids by providing technical solutions, estimates, and plans.
Experience and qualifications
- Proficient in C/Assembly/C++
- Previous experience with embedded software development
- Experience of model-based system design for complex systems.
- Ability to prototype and provide Proof of Concepts
- Thorough understanding of DO178B/C, Standard and objectives.
- Ability to review schematics and read data sheets; experience supporting hardware bring-ups and debugging
- Perform requirement analysis and flow down to software and detail design.
- Ability to work in a structured engineering process-oriented environment, with experience of software quality and management processes.
- Experience of model-based software development in Simulink/Stateflow.
- Experience in application development using AE653 compliant operating systems.
- Knowledge of communication protocols like ARINC825, ARINC429, I2C, CANOpen and Serial Bus.
- Experience in scripting languages like Python would be an added advantage.
- Experience in ALM tools like Polarion and Configuration management tools like Teamcenter would be an added advantage.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
Company: Matchtech –
Company Location: Gloucestershire