Electronic Repair Technician Job at Morson Group in Piscataway, NJ
We are looking for an energetic Repair Technician that will be responsible for the intermediate electronic maintenance, test, repairs, services, and modifications of electronic equipment in accordance with FAA regulations.
*Electrical Theory Test will be administered during interviews.
The Avionic Electronics Technician is responsible for the intermediate electronic maintenance, test, repairs, services, and modifications of electronic equipment in accordance with FAA regulations.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electronic equipment to component level in accordance with FAA regulations and company IPM (Inspections Procedures Manual)
- Modifies equipment according to service bulletin and/or manufacturer documentation
- Works independently or in collaboration with experienced electronics technicians
- Carries out prescribed procedures according to an established schedule
- Receives training in the use of more specialized test equipment
- Follows specific layout and schematic diagrams to repair and maintain simple or advanced devices or subunits of equipment and schematic diagrams such as power supplies, oscillators, amplifiers, etc.
- Review work orders to ensure customer requested activities have been complied with, prior to release of the repair
- Work is reviewed by Technician IV, manager, and inspectors
- May work on alternative assignments with detailed written or oral instructions
- Completes quality and production paperwork, prepares estimates, and maintains maintenance documentation in accordance with current quality assurance requirements
- Participates in Technician cross-training programs and may be assigned to other teams for short or long term assignments
- Completes repairs in accordance with company ISO procedures and within company objectives
- 401(k) match at 3% and fully vested from start day
- LTD/STD/ADD life insurance coverage (paid by Morson)
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance plan available
- Health Saving Account available with HPHP plan
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years repair experience on electronics to a component level. Preferred in the commercial airline and/or aviation products support or a 2-year college-level degree in the electronics related field.
- Must have an understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations and other governing regulatory requirements
- Able to meticulously document incoming product condition and maintenance activities
- Organizational fit for the culture
- Pass a seven (7) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
About the Company
Company: Morson Group
Company Location: Piscataway, NJ