Electrical Fitter Job at Rolls-Royce Derby
Full Time – 3 Shifts (M/A/N)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Fitter to join the team in Engine Assembly in the Development and Experimental Engineering business unit (D&EE) based in Derby.
D&EE are at the cutting edge of civil aviation, developing the next generation of sustainable travel, whether that be through insertion of enhancements to our current engine offerings, revolutionary technology demonstrator programmes such as the UltraFan Project or exploring how we can utilise emerging technologies such as Electrification and Hydrogen in the civil aerospace market.
You will work as part of a highly skilled team who contribute towards capturing vitally beneficial data found from testing development engines to certify and prove new engine products as well as maturing our current products. You will report directly to a Production Leader for the facility.
Join us and we’ll provide an environment where you can be yourself. And an inclusive, culture that gives you a platform for continuous learning, and an incredible breadth and depth of opportunities to grow your career.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, we’re putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry – and we keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world; we’re keeping the world flying.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are. We encourage flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working wherever possible, so you can always be at your best – wherever and whenever you work.
What you will be doing
As an Electrical Fitter, you will play a key role in ensuring modules and engines are correctly assembled ready for testing. Applying appropriate Health and Safety practice and maintaining a safe environment at all times is vital and working as part of an integrated flexible team to achieving targets is critical to our success.
- Rigging and terminating engines with instrumentation
- Interpret Manufacturing drawings, technical instructions, and written specifications.
- Deliver right first-time quality for each operation
- Quality check own work and complete relevant documentation accurately.
- Working to set deadlines to achieve performance targets and Customer delivery commitments
Who we’re looking for
At Rolls-Royce we embrace agility, are bold, pursue collaboration and seek simplicity in everything we do. These principles form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles.
- A recognised Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent (NVQ Level 3)
- An awareness of HS&E requirements
- An ability to work in a motivated team environment
- You will be able to demonstrate relevant fitting experience of engine components
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with many different stakeholders from multiple levels of the business.
- Be able to demonstrate relevant electrical experience on engine assembly (Desirable)
- Knowledge of engine instrumentation (Desirable)
Join us & Power our Future
Pioneers of Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We welcome applications from people with a refugee background.
You can learn more about our global inclusion strategy at
Closing Date: Midnight 28th September
21 Sep 2022; 00:09
About the Company
Company Location: Derby