Education Support Officer – Aviation Job at NSW Government Wollongbar, NSW
- Exciting career permanent opportunity to join the Aviation Team as an Education Support Officer.
- Join this talented and dynamic team based at the Wollongbar Campus.
- Apply now if you have a passion in shaping the future in aviation.
TAFE NSW is dedicated to meeting the evolving needs of the NSW economy and workforce, offering world class training and education that delivers the skills needed for the jobs of today and tomorrow. Grow your career in a dynamic and collaborative environment, where you can innovate, create value and proudly play a meaningful role in delivering quality training to the people of NSW.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TAFE NSW is seeking an Education Support Officer to work in the Aviation teaching section based at Wollongbar Campus. The role is responsible for a range of activities, which supports delivery via online and face-to-face from the Newcastle and Wollongbar Campuses. In the role, you will work closely to support teachers to ensure the appropriate course content and assessments are successfully delivered.
The role will require you to build engagement with learners to find ways to adapt training and support services so that they are accessible and relevant to learners. You will mentor and guide students through to course completion.
The Aviation teaching section have invested significantly in upgrading teaching equipment, facilities, and digital infrastructure. The role requires the Education Support Officer to ensure that the teachers are supported to use these new delivery methods to reach their full potential and provide more skills to learners across NSW.
This position is permanent full-time with a salary package of $82,654.54 per annum. For full details about the position please review the? and .
To be successful in this role, you will naturally enjoy collaborating with teachers to apply your specialist industry knowledge and understanding of ASQA requirements to mentor students within the aviation teaching section.
It is crucially important that you have strong computer skills, especially with SharePoint document libraries, MS Teams and Learner Management Systems to assist the teachers and students with training delivered via the training platforms and assist by tracking the successful completion of the cohort of students.
If you are a flexible team player and enjoy working within a dispersed team and taking initiative, then this is the right role for you.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Hold a vocational qualification in an Aviation related field or appropriate subject knowledge, skills and vocational qualifications and a commitment to maintain technical currency.
- Have a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years relevant and post-qualification experience in the industry relevant to your qualification. With the ability to understand the content of the learning materials and the processes used in the discipline.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click the apply button. To support your application please provide:
- An updated resume, outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position.
- Certified copies of your vocational qualifications if applicable.
- Your responses to the targeted questions.
Closing date: Friday 7 October at 11:59pm
Role Specific Enquiries
Michael Crawley, Head Teacher Aviation
0411 391 331 | [email protected]
Application Specific Enquiries
Sally Barry, Talent Acquisition Advisor
02 7921 0203 | [email protected]
IT Support Team, I Work for NSW
1800 562 679 | [email protected]
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
TAFE NSW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We are committed to creating an inclusive workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
We encourage applications from people with a disability and will make any reasonable adjustment that you need both in the interview process and on the job. If you need assistance, or if you have any questions in relation to the recruitment application process, please contact Sally Barry on [email protected]
Please note, the responsibility of the Education Support Officer within TAFE NSW does not include teaching or the preparation of lessons or resources and does not deliver training nor undertake assessments.
For permanent positions in the NSW Public Sector, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. An eligibility list may be created for this position, and future opportunities with position(s) of the same classification that subsequently become vacant may be filled using this eligibility list.
This is a child-related position. A Working with Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct. More information can be found at .
Key Application Responses
Responses to the following questions will be required as part of the application process. Please prepare your responses in a word document and copy and paste as required. Please limit your responses to a max 300 words per response.
- Please outline how you maintain your knowledge of learning materials and processes in the aviation industry currently? What are some of the key current trends in the industry now?
- As part of the aviation team, your ability to use technology, TAFE systems and have input into the continual improvement of section processes is important. Please give an example that demonstrates your experience in working in a team in this way.
About the Company
Company: NSW Government
Company Location: Wollongbar, NSW