ED2021 DOA Management & Expertise Engineer (d/m/w) Job at Airbus – in Manching
Eurodrone Programme – Shaping the future of UAS
With this groundbreaking industrial and commercial setup and its unique certification and flexibility, European Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) showcases how European Industry can find innovative ways to support strategic autonomy needs and prepare for the Future Combat Air System. European MALE RPAS is not just the first programme to fully implement digital design manufacturing and services (DDMS). It is also seen as “light-house” programme, not only within Airbus, but also for the entire aeronautics industry in Europe.
Become part of the UAS business and rise to the challenges ahead.
A vacancy for a DOA Management & Expertise Engineer (d/f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching at the earliest possible start date.
You have the chance to join the DOA Management & Expertise team in our mission:
We are a transversal and multinational team based in Germany (Manching) and Spain (Getafe).The overall mission of the Design Organisation Approval (DOA) Management & Expertise team is to perform the activities to obtain, manage and maintain the Design Organisation Approvals of Airbus Defence and Space (DS). In framework of these activities the DOA Management & Expertise Team acts as interface between Airbus DS and the Airworthiness Authorities for all DOA related topics. This includes the demonstration of compliance to the applicable DOA requirements and regulations as well as the development of programme specific amendments in cooperation with the Airworthiness Authorities.
As part of this mission, you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the required documents, procedures and authority cascade of the Airbus DS Design Assurance System to continuously ensure the compliance with the applicable Airworthiness Authorities regulation. This means you will have to ensure the completeness and correctness of the Design Organisation Manuals (DOM) and the Compliance Check List (CCL) together with the associated procedures, methods and tools. This requires you to exchange and align with a number of Airbus DS internal engineering and leadership stakeholders in order to cover the latest information from the key functions of the Design Organisation and have the overview of the Design Assurance System implementation in the various engineering departments.
As the DOA specialists within the company you will take the lead, together with the team, to deliver to the Design Organisation the right level of the DOA expertise and support.
From day one you will have a challenging and diverse job:
- Establish and maintain the Design Organisation Manuals in close liaison with the Airbus DS internal stakeholders and facilitate the approval by the Airworthiness Authorities;
- Ensure that the Compliance Check Lists are established and maintained in conformity with the Design Assurance System;
- Lead and manage the process for DOA compliance demonstration to the Airworthiness Authorities;
- Management of the cascade of the Design Organisation authorities and signatories;
- Lead the discussions with the Airworthiness Authorities to achieve the agreement of processes and procedures related the Design Assurance System, with special focus on those linked to compliance with airworthiness, environmental protection and operational suitability data requirements;
- Manage the Airbus DS DOAs, obtaining new ones and extending the existing ones including new privileges and/or products;
- Define Design Organisation and process requirements applicable to DOA Suppliers;
- Cascade the changes on the DOA regulations into the Design Organisation;
- Provide DOA expertise and support to the overall Design Organisation.
This job is your chance to develop yourself in a highly transversal field of expertise with a high exposure to Airbus DS internal and external key stakeholders.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- University degree in aeronautical or mechanical engineering or similar.
- Good technical background in aeronautical engineering activities and certification processes.
- Good team player with strong communication skills and personal engagement.
- Proven experience in Design and /or Airworthiness functions, including interface with the Aviation Authorities.
- Basic knowledge of the regulatory framework for Design Organisation Approvals.
- Experience in management of transversal and multinational projects would be desirable.
- Fluent in English, German is desirable.
Challenging tasks for/with unique services and products
Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
Comprehensive on-boarding included
Exciting development opportunities and perspectives
Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
Flexible working hours
Compatibility of work and family life
Company Pension Scheme
Good connections to public transport and local parking facilities
Catering facilities on site
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
Qualification & Operability
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected]
About the Company
Company: Airbus –
Company Location: Manching