Dispatch Agent (Operations) Job at Swissport Birmingham
Ready for take off? Join Swissport for an exciting career in aviation.
This role is paid at £10.60 per hour, in addition you will recieve a monthly allowance of up to £81.25 dependant on your contracted hours which is equivalent to an hourly value of £11.10 per hour.
Working at Swissport has so many different faces and one thing is for sure, there is never a dull moment. If you enjoy working with people in a dynamic environment, join us! As a Swissport Dispatch Agent, you will play a vital role in our airport operation.
The airport is a fast-paced and safety focussed team environment.
Our Dispatch Agents perform a range of duties, which may include:
- Preparing paperwork for flight crew.
- Communicating aircraft fuel and load data to flight crew and load control.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure the aircraft is loaded as intended.
- Prioritise tasks and manage the turn around of the aircraft from arrival to departure.
- Operate aerobridges and aircraft stand guidance systems.
- Drive vehicles airside including cars, vans and mini busses.
- Deal with aircraft weight and balance calculations as required.
What would make you stand out for this role?
- You’re focused on delivering exceptional and safe service
- You can be an effective team player
- You’re committed to learning and growth
- You’re self-confident and can stay calm under pressure
- You’re organised and can manage time well
- Your physically fit as lifting up to 32kg as required
- You have a driver’s license
- You’re a fluent English speaker
- You have basic – intermediate computer skills
Why you will love working for Swissport:
- Swissport is the world’s leading provider of ground and air cargo services
- Impressive career development opportunities are also available across Swissport’s global network.
- Work with a great team every shift
- Industry benefits
- Permanent roles
- And much more
Looking for an exciting new challenge?
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking for a new challenge, rewarding new career, lots of training and development opportunities, then don’t miss out apply now!
Swissport is the global leader in airport ground services and air cargo handling, active in more than 269 airports in 47 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering safe, high quality services for our clients and their customers across the globe.
Swissport has strict obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“the GDPR”). Compliance is therefore a responsibility embedded in all roles. Specifically, however, you are required to actively support and assist the business with compliance, both in your daily duties and in respect of ad hoc projects and activities. You are expected to demonstrate good practice to direct reports, and actively promote a culture of compliance.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Swissport and its employees have a strict duty under the Equality Act 2010, not to be discriminatory in their treatment of colleagues and customers, on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation. Compliance with equality and diversity principles is therefore a responsibility embedded in all roles. Specifically, you are required to:
- comply with equality and diversity policies and treat all colleagues and customers with dignity and respect (including in virtual and digital environments);
- respond positively, inclusively, and supportively to the different needs of colleagues and customers by reason of their protected characteristics;
- report and act upon all instances of discrimination, harassment, and bullying;
- proactively support direct reports to understand their responsibility for equality and diversity, including identifying and facilitating development where required. Ensure performance is measured against key performance indicators, to mitigate the risk of discrimination;
- proactively comply with, model, promote, and embed equality and diversity principles, in daily duties, project work, and strategic planning, to promote a culture of zero tolerance, an environment in which colleagues and customers feel safe and respected, and champion the value the business affords to equality and diversity;
- ensure changes to policies and practices are screened for compliance with equality and diversity principles, and embed compliance as a key performance indicator in strategic planning and project work;
- evaluate operational decisions to assess the impact on policies, procedures, and strategies with reference to equality and diversity.
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
About the Company
Company Location: Birmingham