Director of Engineering – Aviation Job at Global Village Professional – in Toronto, ON
Our client in Calgary is looking for a Engineering Director. Reporting to the President, the Director of Engineering will lead the Engineering Group to deliver on key projects related to Engineering Design, Certification, STC Management, MRO support and other areas.
Leadership and Group Management:
- Provide Leadership to the Engineering Group – managing overall project execution.
- Manage new and ongoing engineering projects, both in-house and using out-sourced engineering services, in accordance with company processes and recognized industry practices.
- Create strong relationships with other Department Managers to realize the company’s vision.
- Respond promptly to customer questions and requests.
- Participate as a member of the Product Development team in vetting customer requests.
- Implementing new systems & Innovative Technologies to drive continuous improvement.
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements.
- Ensure compliance with the regulations.
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget.
- Create an environment to support the Group’s and individual growth.
- Assist in the development of standard work for all engineering activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop design data and associated analysis demonstrating compliance with airworthiness requirements.
- Coordinate the approval of engineering data by external authorities and support the airworthiness approval process as needed.
- Provide support of the development and certification of design change projects in accordance with Eagle’s Engineering standards.
- Support investigations, technical assessments, design concept, estimates, and proposal development.
- Support the processes of the DAO as required.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have sound commercial acumen related to customer needs, market competition, value proposition and overall ability to win jobs based on the quality and value of the submitted proposals.
- Ability to estimate, manage work, adjust priorities to suit demands, track project performance, and report progress and issues.
- Work experience as an engineering manager or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department.
- Ability to mentor and provide good technical/project guidance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Information Technology: 1 year (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Global Village Professional –
Company Location: Toronto, ON