Deputy Sheriff Jobs in Peachtree City – Georgia – USA at Fayette County Sheriff’s Office
Title: Deputy Sheriff
Company: Fayette County Sheriff’s Office
Location: Peachtree City – Georgia – USA
Type: Full Time
Category: Government, Airport/Airline
Applications and the full pre-employment process can be located at our employment page:
Apply at: (Use the “Apply for this Job” box below).
** One must be POST Certified as a Peace Officer in Georgia for this position.*
* *** Pay incentives for experience, POST Certifications, Specialties, etc.**
MUST BE Peace Officer certified through Georgia P.O.S.T.
MINIMUM SALARY: $42,117.13
Full-time with benefits
12 hour rotating shifts
• Patrols the county to deter & detect crime, to enforce laws, & to protect life and property.
• Performs business and residential security checks.
• Responds to calls for service including disturbance and crime complaints.
• Serves as first responder to provide aid and assistance to victims of crimes and
• Performs misdemeanor and felony arrests to include completion of booking
• Secures and protects crime scenes to include physical evidence, suspects,
victims, and collecting statements.
• Enforces all traffic laws; issues citations and warnings.
• Prepares and submits initial case files in compliance with departmental policies
and legal rules.
• Renders advice on criminal law, civil law, ordinances, and domestic disturbance
• Maintains assigned uniform, vehicle, and equipment in accordance with
• Presents evidence and testimony in criminal cases.
• Assists stranded motorists, directs traffic, transports prisoners, & escorts
funerals as needed.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws.
• Knowledge of the criminal justice system.
• Knowledge of departmental rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of law enforcement and criminal investigation methods, procedures,
• Knowledge of county geography, streets, roads, and buildings.
• Knowledge of the procedures used in emergency communications.
• Skill in the use of firearms.
• Ability to prepare clear and comprehensive reports.
• Ability to obtain information through interviews, interrogations, & observations.
• Ability to operate assigned departmental vehicles and equipment, including
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
• No experience requirements.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the
State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Police Standards and
Training Council for the State of Georgia.
Full Service Sheriff’s Office, located south of Atlanta in Fayette County, Georgia. Fayette County is 199 square miles and serves a population of approximately 114,000. Certified positions encompass Field Operations, Criminal Investigations, Jail Division, and Support Services.