Database Specialist Job at Cognosante in Elizabeth City, NC
Security Clearance required: Able to obtain Public Trust
Cognosante is on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system. We are a health IT Company who helps public sector organizations do everything from strategic consulting and acquisition support to application development, data integration, data standards, and business process operations. Learn how we are making a difference in people’s lives today!
This Database Specialist will work in support of the USCG, Aviation Logistics Center, in Elizabeth City, North Carolina, requires information technology (IT) support for the logistics programs supporting the aviation fleet of the USCG and other selected Government agencies. As the USCG continues to expand and change its missions, functionality is changed or updated within the supported Asset Logistics Management Systems. Changes are made using an agile process and through scheduled software releases. We maintain a customer support service center 24 x 7. Support is provided for numerous activities including:
- Applications Development
- Business, Data, and Requirements Analysis,
- Project Management
- Configuration Management
- System Engineering and System Security
- Operations and Maintenance Support
- Service Desk Support
- Lead teams in the database design and implementation process.
- Develop and test logical and physical database designs.
- Review logical and physical designs of existing databases and perform tuning as the senior database specialist, to ensure maximum operating efficiency. Perform data analysis, database design, development activities, and implementation for databases and database conversions.
- Perform database-restructuring activities.
- Work with users and information systems development staff to determine data storage and access requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of database management systems (DBMS).
- Evaluate and recommend available DBMS products after matching requirements with system capabilities.
Determine file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific applications. * Control the design and use of databases.
- Control the global view of databases, the access to the databases, assure the safekeeping of the databases (from accidental or intentional damage or loss), and monitor the use of databases.
- Define all required database administration policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and SOPs.
- US Citizen able to pass a Government Level Background Check
- Six (6) years of experience in DBMSs including Ingres; Oracle, MS SQL
- IAT II Certification required (or must be obtained within 60 days of joining the program).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Candidates that do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
About the Company
Company Location: Elizabeth City, NC