Database Administrator Stf (Level 4) / Ghedi Air Base, IT Job at Lockheed Martin in Greenville, SC
LMCareers Business Unit
Secret with an investigation within 6 years
LS44FF:GVL AFS (LMOS)
F-35 Logistics Operation and Sustainment
Job Description :
Data Base Administrator
Location: Ghedi Air Base, Italy
Special Requirements: Expat Assignment. Desired two year commitment.
Who We Are:
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we’re taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
Why Lockheed Martin:
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics we value your unique skills and expertise and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our team’s favorite perks include:
- The promotion of Work Life Balance
- A competitive 401k match and bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
- Long term stability
- A receptive and inclusive culture focused on career development with tuition assistance and mentoring opportunities
It takes more than steel, advanced electronics and engine thrust to make the F-35 Lightning II, the world’s fifth generation fighter, take flight. It is the Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) that gives F-35 Lightning II operators the ability to plan, to maintain, to plan and sustain its systems over the life of the air vehicle. ALIS provides the IT backbone and capabilities to support current and future Warfighters across the U.S. and allied military services.
As critical members of the F35 Operations Team all ALIS Administrators must be able to:
- Obtain and maintain Special Access Program clearance required for program access
- Be willing and able to travel for military deployments/detachments (ship and/or shore) for extended periods dependent upon operational needs.
- Capable of working various shift hours to include weekends to support customer mission requirements
Crave a challenge that is also rewarding? This is an operational support role to an active fighter unit, you will be responsible for the security and integrity of our systems that keep our jets flying.
As a dedicated database administrator for our F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) team, you will be empowered to assure the integrity of our system by maintaining the internal databases and applications while collaborating directly with our customers as a trusted point of contact.
A Day in the Life:
Working directly with our customers you will do everything from carrying out and sustaining system-wide backups, to disaster recover, support, and troubleshooting. Overall you will monitor the overall health and status of the system.
ALIS DBAs are primarily concerned with ensuring data currency, availability to users, and the protection of that data from loss. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out and sustain system-wide backups, disaster recovery, and database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates)
- Conduct data transfers between system (internal and external), provide user access to data, maintain and monitor databases and applications, configure assets to support user needs, and troubleshoot assets.
- Support testing, debugging, integration and analysis of database tools
- Monitor overall test progress, corrective actions, hardware/software baseline status, patch testing, and the health and status of the system
**Be willing and able to travel for military deployments/detachments (ship and/or shore) for extended periods dependent upon operational needs
**Capable of working various shift hours to include weekends to support customer mission requirements
Basic Qualifications :
- Candidates must have a Secret security clearance with investigation within the last 6 years.
- Prior Database Administration experience – 3 years
- Experience with COTS/developed Software (e.g., Oracle and SQL) –
Desired skills :
In addition to the basic requirements above, the successful candidate may have experience in one or more of the following:
- Able to obtain and maintain Special Access Program clearance required for program access
- Current Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security certification
- Proficient in SQL and Database Administration skills, which may include: Importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQL Server databases, executing/troubleshooting scripts, creating Level 0 and 1 database backups, utilization of Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) for backup and recovery, manual installation of Oracle Critical Patch updates, locating user session data via the command line, performance tuning, and reviewing V$ tables and DBA views
Experience with Tools & Applications o Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
o Oracle Export, Import, and Data Pump
o Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL)
o Oracle SQLPlus
- Microsoft (MS) SQL Server
- Windows Server Operating System
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) OS
- Red Hat Ansible Engine
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- JBOSS Enterprise Application Platform
- Oracle Performance Tuning
- Oracle Administration
- Operating Systems (OSs)
- Scripting Languages (shell, batch, Practical Extraction and Report Language (PERL)
- Oracle Certified Associated (OCA)/Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) Certification
- Security+ Certification with Continuing Education (CE) *Required within 60 days of hire for US Administrators
- Networking Administration experience
- Database Administration experience
- Military Aviation Maintenance experience
- Logistics experience
- Familiarity with Lockheed Martin products and processes, to include the JSF ALIS hardware and software
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Ability to Telecommute
Other Important Information
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.
Work Schedule Information
Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Security Clearance Information
This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leader
About the Company
Company: Lockheed Martin
Company Location: Greenville, SC