CREMO Support Engineer x4 Job at Babcock International – in Plymouth
CREMO Support Engineer
Business Unit: Submarines
Location: Devonport, Plymouth
Salary: £ 31,470.00
About the role
Here at Babcock International we’re looking to recruit a CREMO Support Engineer.
You will be involved in planning, maintenance, upgrade and repair activities for Crane and Refuel equipment and assets, making sure everything is in place so that Maintenance teams can carry out their work.
Main Purpose of Role:
- To support the Maintenance teams deliver maintenance, upgrade and repair activities, on site and on the assets;
- To support unplanned events (breakdowns, trips, etc.) and contribute to problem solving activities, containments permanent corrective actions;
- To identify spares and equipment needed for maintenance, upgrade and repair activities and, to support the Materials Engineer source and procure identified items;
- Liaise with stakeholders in CREMO and external to CREMO in the context of maintenance, upgrade and repair activities and ensure their expectations are understood and addressed appropriately;
- To act as Technical Representative for sub-contracted works and to lead all actions related to sub-contractor involvement in CREMO operations;
What do I need to do the role?
You’ll need an NVQ Level 3 qualification in an engineering discipline (Mechanical/Electrical), knowledge and experience of lifting equipment and its maintenance, Cranes and Refuel equipment, control systems / PLC’s and mechanical / electrical plant and equipment and excellent communication skills and stakeholder management – you will be liaising and managing sub-contractors and vendors.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you’ve completed this you’ll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.
Closing date: 14/04/2021
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Nuclear Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Engineer, Engineering
About the Company
Company: Babcock International –
Company Location: Plymouth