Courseware Team Leader Job at Jetstar Melbourne, VIC
Join the Jetstar team at a pivotal moment in our history as we embark on a new era of low fares travel. As we emerge from the pandemic, the outlook for our domestic and international flying is very strong and our teams are excited to welcome our new A321LR Neo’s as we continue on our mission to offer all day, every day low fares so more people can fly to more places, more often
As a Courseware Team Leader, you will be responsible for absolute compliance of all Emergency Procedures, Safety and Security and Aviation Medicine Ground Training courseware material for Flight Operations and Customer experience, ensuring courseware meets regulatory requirements as outline by CASA and IOSA. Supervision of courseware version control, change management, train the trainer sessions for Ground Training Ground Instructors and people leadership of Courseware Developers.
In the role you will be required to:
- Supervise all Ground Training courseware ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Supervision of version control and other processes, as dictated in the OM3, for all courseware
- Change Management involvement for all courseware
- Involvement in internal audits relating to courseware and courseware change processes
- Development and supervision of CCO/FSO and OM11 changes
- Leadership, recruitment and performance evaluation of Courseware developers and train the trainers of Ground Training Ground Instructors
- Development of ground training courseware and training aids
- Continuous improvement of ground training courseware incorporating industry best practice
- Be an advocate & ambassador for the Jetstar Brand
- Meet agreed performance KPIs
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Online courseware development qualified
- Previous experience in people leadership
- Extensive experience in ground training
- Extensive experience and understanding of regulatory requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the capability to interact effectively through formal and informal networks
- Ability to generate improvement ideas and strategies and translate into detailed approaches and plans
- Ability to prioritise and execute competing tasks across diverse teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Demonstrate strong compliance mindset and commitment to business improvement
This is a challenging role and we will expect great results from the successful applicants. In return you will get to be part of a smart, driven, high performing team with real opportunities for you to make your mark and build your career within a great organization in an exciting industry.
The Jetstar Group is one of the largest low-cost airline groups in the Asia Pacific by revenue and has flown more than 300 million passengers since it launched in 2004.
Collectively the Jetstar Group offers more than 5,000 (pre-COVID) flights a week to 58 destinations in 18 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region. The Group operates a fleet of more than 90 aircraft, including Airbus A320-200, Airbus A321 and Boeing 787-8. Jetstar’s mission is to offer all day, every day low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often.
Please note: applications will only be considered for candidates who have the right to work in Australia / New Zealand without restriction or sponsorship.
Under the Qantas Group COVID-19 Vaccination Policy all Australia-based new employees of a Qantas Group entity must be fully vaccinated with an Approved COVID-19 Vaccine and provide Evidence of Vaccination by uploading your Digital Vaccination Certificate to Workday (our HR information system). There are different compliance dates for different workgroups under the policy. You will be provided with relevant information, including the compliance date during the recruitment process.
Applications close Tuesday 4th October 2022
About the Company
Company Location: Melbourne, VIC