Cost Accountant Job at Line Up Aviation – in Filton
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Cost Accountant on an initial 11-month contract. As the Cost Accountant you will be responsible for ensuring financial flows in the systems are accurate and derive the correct output for management and financial reporting. The Cost Accountant requires extensive experience using SAP and have a logical mind to understand and challenge cost flow.
Role: Cost Accountant
Pay: £35.05 ph Umbrella rate, £27.50 ph PAYE or £31.02 ph LTD
Contract: Monday to Friday, 35 Hours a week, 11-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS.
· Interrogate and understand the cost flows in the new transnational SAP system and assess whether the financial and management accounting output is being derived correctly. Highlight issues identified and propose solutions. Document flows understood to aid sharing with the finance community.
· Review and assess the internal controls within Cost Accounting to ensure they are robust. Identify and propose improvements to the controls.
· Take the lead on the transnational Digital Closing project, where closing activities for all company entities will be delivered under one harmonised tool. Understand what the UK Cost Accounting do today and see how this can be replicated in the central Digital closing cockpit.
· Support the team in relation to month end closing activity, including reconciliations, data trend analysis, identification, understanding and resolution of anomalies.
· Excellent understanding of cost allocation methods and accounting flows
· SAP investigation ability
· Excellent Excel skills – large volume of data interrogation required.
· IFRP knowledge
· Google applications (Sheets etc)
· Team player – within the team and with multifunctional teams
· Inquisitive mindset – to identify and investigate issues
· Lean mindset – to approach a process / problem in a streamlined way to improve the process.
· Self-driven – to investigate and resolve issues in conjunction with the business to a suitable conclusion.
· Ability to understand complex topics.
· Attention to detail
· Ability to prioritise and organise workload
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Contract length: 11 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: Up to £35.05 per hour
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
About the Company
Company: Line Up Aviation –
Company Location: Filton