Corporate Aviation Pilot Job at Liberty Latin America Denver, CO
What´s the Role?
Aviation Captain reports to the Aviation Chief Pilot and is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft, partnering with the LLA Exeuctive Team to carry out their missions.
How you will add value?
- Ensures the safe and efficient conduct of assigned flights;
- Directs the activities of the Second-in-Command and ensures that all Crew Members understand fully and completely what duties they are expected to perform;
- Participates in the Safety Management System;
- Ensures that the aircraft is airworthy and registered, and that all required documentation is onboard the aircraft;
- Checks weather and all applicable NOTAMs where available, and determines fuel, oil, and oxygen requirements;
- Determines the aircraft weight and balance;
- Ensures aircraft FMS databases are current;
- Ensures EFBs and Jeppesen cycle are updated and adequately charged for the assigned flight;
- Ensures that all flight-planning requirements have been met;
- Ensures that aircraft Crew Members have valid licenses, medical certificates, passports, and visas, when required;
- Ensures that the flight will not be commenced if a Crew Member is incapacitated from performing duties by any cause such as injury, sickness, fatigue, or the effects of any psychoactive substance;
- Ensures that the flight will not be continued beyond the nearest suitable airport when a Crew Member’s capacity to perform functions is significantly reduced by impairment of faculties from causes such as fatigue, sickness, or lack of oxygen;
- Confirms any nonstandard environmental rules and procedures at the intended departure and destination airports;
- Completes an aircraft preflight inspection before each departure;
- Delegates Crew to provide the Passenger Safety Briefing to the passengers;
- Operates the aircraft per Standard Operating Procedures and checklists, and within aircraft limitations;
- Continually monitors the amount of usable fuel to ensure a safe landing with appropriate fuel reserves and communicates with ATC during abnormal situations;
- Ensures compliance with customs, immigration and cabotage laws;
- Completes all post flight duties, including notifying the Vice President, Aviation or Flight Scheduler of deviations to any planned itinerary or overnight location;
- Records flight times and aircraft defects;
- Reports all known or suspected violations or incidents to the Vice President, Aviation and/or as soon as practical;
- Reports any act of unlawful interference to the NAA or State (Mandatory Occurrence Report), as appropriate, and to the designated local authority;
- As soon as possible, reports to the appropriate ATC facility any hazardous weather or flight conditions encountered that are likely to affect the safety of other aircraft;
- In the event of an accident / incident, preserves flight and cockpit voice recorder data;
- Notifies the appropriate authority, by the quickest available means, of any accident involving the aircraft (except where the PIC is incapacitated, when it will become the responsibility of the Vice President, Aviation or senior flight Crew Member);
- Ensures flight, duty, and rest time criteria are met for the flight;
- Completes Deviation Reports, as necessary;
- Assumes any duties delegated by the Chief Pilot.
- The PIC may exercise Captain’s Authority (emergency authority) in any situation deemed necessary.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- ATP with Multi-engine land rating
- 5000 hours total flight time
- 1000 hours multi-engine turbine
- Restricted radio operator permit
- FAA First Class Medical
- International Operations
- Demonstrate the ability to speak and understand the English Language
- DA-50 type with 900EX experience (preferred)
Salary Range for this position goes from $125,000 up to $135,000 USD on an annual basis.
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why Join Us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision: to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
About the Company
Company: Liberty Latin America
Company Location: Denver, CO